25 years ago today

I was working in Bristol that summer and I got picked up at the services by the South West supporters club before the Blackpool match. After the match I remember a blue walking past with his son, looking at the supporters club sign at the front of the bus and clapping us on the street

The fightback from Relegation to the 3rd tier began Vs Blackpool, even Bradbury scored , was all looking like a cakewalk till we got battered at Fulham 6 days later and Tshadadze got stretchered off never to return

It's good to look back at these days now as we are arguably the best team in the world but fuck me it was hard work living through it. My son has it so easy knowing City only as we are now.
Arrested outside Rosie’s bar that evening for breach of the peace. Flung into Bootle St nick and told I wouldn’t be charged. Duty Sergeant decided otherwise.
Duty solicitor at Manchester Magistrates weaved a bit of magic and I got off with binding order. Cheeky twat still asked me for thirty quid for his “services”.
I’ve still got the transcript at home of what I was, ahem, alleged to have said to the PC who nicked me: never a good idea calling plod a ****. Allegedly.
The fightback from Relegation to the 3rd tier began Vs Blackpool, even Bradbury scored , was all looking like a cakewalk till we got battered at Fulham 6 days later and Tshadadze got stretchered off never to return

It's good to look back at these days now as we are arguably the best team in the world but fuck me it was hard work living through it. My son has it so easy knowing City only as we are now.

Over 32000. One of the few times I was in the Main stand. Couldn't believe the support that day, hairs are standing on edge thinking about it. Little was we to know how the season would end. CTIFD!

That season will always be special to me and loads of blues, But the stand-out game for me was? well I think it was Chesterfield at home, Me and our Kid got completely bladder to the point I still don't remember anything about that day or the game or how I got home, all I can remember is waking up the next day with a hangover fitting a visit to A&E, My brother said I was shitfaced and fell a sleep in the north stand and after the game the steward had to wake me up and remove me, God knows how a got home, but our kid said we got on the match bus outside Maine road and left me in town ?? the Mrs said when she got home from her mums I was in bed fast asleep so just left me alone

The funny thing is I don't really drink but that day maybe City being in the old 3rd division tip me over the edge
anyway here is the game hahahaha still does not ring a bell

That season will always be special to me and loads of blues, But the stand-out game for me was? well I think it was Chesterfield at home, Me and our Kid got completely bladder to the point I still don't remember anything about that day or the game or how I got home, all I can remember is waking up the next day with a hangover fitting a visit to A&E, My brother said I was shitfaced and fell a sleep in the north stand and after the game the steward had to wake me up and remove me, God knows how a got home, but our kid said we got on the match bus outside Maine road and left me in town ?? the Mrs said when she got home from her mums I was in bed fast asleep so just left me alone

The funny thing is I don't really drink but that day maybe City being in the old 3rd division tip me over the edge
anyway here is the game hahahaha still does not ring a bell

I remember falling asleep through boredom a few times back in the day. Haha!!

Scary and unbelievable season. A couple of weeks after the Gillingham final I was working in Welwyn Garden City and was travelling back to Manchester on a Friday. I got a taxi to Watford to get the train back to Manchester and on the way the taxi driver asked me where I was going and asked if I was a blue or a red. When I said blue he asked if I’d watched the play-off final – I said yes – and then he said he refereed it – it was Mark Halsey driving the taxi! (before he was established in the premier league). He talked about the controversy after the match – he said the additional extra time was justified because of the extended Gillingham goal celebrations. There was also a story in the MEN about him fraternising with city fans in a hotel – he said he tried to discourage them but they just came up to him and started chatting and he couldn’t do anything about it. Anyway, thanks Mark for the extra time that set us off on our great journey. And good that he survived his cancer scare, and fitting that his last game before retirement was a City game. (Norwich, 2013)

I wouldn't say that game was the start of our come back, for me our comeback started when we played Stoke on Boxing day that year (we were one nil down and Goater scored)

That was the first year that my dad could afford a season ticket for us both, we thought we so posh in the Family stand seats, after years on his shoulders in the kippax then on his knee in the north stand.

25 years later, he's on my shoulders dancing in Istanbul, watching us win the treble!

That's what City is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.