25 years ago today

The fightback from Relegation to the 3rd tier began Vs Blackpool, even Bradbury scored , was all looking like a cakewalk till we got battered at Fulham 6 days later and Tshadadze got stretchered off never to return

It's good to look back at these days now as we are arguably the best team in the world but fuck me it was hard work living through it. My son has it so easy knowing City only as we are now.
Its funny I always remember that date as my first son was due to be born and I was worried that the wife might drop him on the day snd I would get called out of the game.

As it turned out he game on the 20th, thats my boy.

Gary Mason. What ever happened to him? I’m stoned and I could Google it, but I want someone to tell me, thanks.

Never forget this game the first of a crazy season, i attended almost every game home & away missed only 4 & yes one of em was York away, we had loadsa us in maine road week before the Blackpool at friendly game vs Jamaica of all teams, Blackpool away match that year was one of the worst matches i’d seen watching City & that’s saying sommat, the game was that boring finished 0-0 i remember that we all started singing Bat Out Of Hell to a steward who looked the spit of Meatloaf who took it well tbh, the whole weekend was as mad had to wait till after the match for few lads who had a lie down overnight in the cells told em if there was ever a match to be locked up & miss this was it, Daft Donald suffered a self inflicted injury ballooning night before & was sporting a plaster cast next game we saw him,

I went to the Luton away match also but was in their main stand with many other blues.

Do not remember the booing but yes it was a tough time. Pretty sure one of the Fenton brothers?? gave a cheap equaliser to Burnley at home that year with a sloppy backpass. We were asking kids to step up to replace senior pros who were wilting under the pressure.
Nick Fenton, faded out of the first team along with Mason and we then went on a great run from Boxing Day all the way to Gillingham at Wembley....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.