25 years ago today

NJMCFC184

The fightback from Relegation to the 3rd tier began Vs Blackpool, even Bradbury scored , was all looking like a cakewalk till we got battered at Fulham 6 days later and Tshadadze got stretchered off never to return

It's good to look back at these days now as we are arguably the best team in the world but fuck me it was hard work living through it. My son has it so easy knowing City only as we are now.

Was on the worst holiday ever at the time of the Blackpool game ( stupid wife's fault) went to Fulham Friday night game on coach from maine road got there 10 mins after ko got battered on the pitch coach broke down on way home no lights so followed another coach slowly all way back, got the raving shits had to stop in moss side at 2.30am and find a Bush to shit behind then jumped in my van and legged it home, ha ha the things we do for our club.

I've got one overriding memory of that Blackpool game. There was an injury in the second half with a long delay and the whole ground were belting out "We love you City" and all the other classics. It was a real show of defiance from a big crowd. That loyalty and determination sewed the seeds for what came to pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.