25 years since the 10-1...

Where have all the years gone,
Their horrible kit, being second best till we scored, andy may getting their goal
Malcolm McDonald in interview saying in a somewhat stunned voice"we don't play offside"
I remember it being a dark dank day, but boy was I warmed up after witnessing that
Made a 22 year old a very happy bunny for a time

I was sat in the Maine stand, stoned as a bastard.

A very surreal day indeed.

I was there ! main stand 4 - 50 p , block H , got my ticket framed , and to think i thought that was ' glory' haha<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm --<br /><br />
droylsdenblue said:
I sat in the north stand with a guy from dukinfield called chris Pugh, anyone know him? Not seen him for years!
Chris still lives in Duky , Umpire's at Dukinfield cricket club now and then

That means its almost 25 years since my first ever City game: City 4 Leiceser 2, that same season.

Doing my Finals in Leicester. Had a seaso but often lost in action...

Heard the score and immediately legged it across a very busy road to a phone box [it was the mid-eighties] to tell my Dad to record it on our VHS box. His only words [in his South Asian accent] were 'Yes, boy, the tape is set'. Went back home at Xmas and first thing I did was watch it over a couple of beers. Loved it and always will...

Was a fun time back then with 5 of the England U21s in our lowly position but with our top drawer academy full of Mancs [and the odd scouser]. We are better now but we were always big, regardless of what the Man U Media say. CTID

I feel old now. I was fifteen. Sat in the car on the way home I told my Dad that no matter what we won, even when (not if – ah to be young again!) we win the league, it will never feel this good.
We didn’t have a video but my red dipper mate recorded the highlights and gave me the tape.
Once my Dad knew I had the tape we got a video player within days.
Talk about a tape getting worn out. “So Frank, do you think there could be double figures?”
“It’s White, the tenth is there for the taking”
As for saying it will never feel this good, he reminded me I’d already used that one when I said the same thing after the five-one. And Gillingham at Wembley. And the FA Cup Semi. And the sick swan.
And winning the league, 20 odd years later? I was right. It didn’t feel that good. It felt better. Lots better!
Think my point is, apart from feeling old, it does get better. And better. And better!

It was my on my birthday!
I was 12 that day and went with my dad stood in the windy corner that day
If you watch it back you can see me sat on the concrete wall for most of the 2nd half
Brilliant day and what a birthday present from City!
Love this club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.