25 years since the 10-1...

Some of you feel old?? I was 33 FFS, how do you think I feel? ;-)

I was in my usual spot in Block S North Stand, good view of the 6 2nd half goals. I still remember Malcolm Macdonald's bewildered post-match interview on the highlights, muttering about "we don't play offside" after his defence had been doing just that for 90 mins.

I used to work at Maine Rd as one of the booze stewards. This meant I could sit anywhere I wanted.

So me, my brother and 2 others sat in Platt Lane for the first half with what could have been no more than a 100 or so Town fans. We got a few dirty looks as we leapt up for joy each time in the first half. To be fair though, I think the guys generally took it well.

Then we all moved over to the North Stand for the 2nd half where i'm sure I can be seen briefly leaping onto the railings after either 9th or 10th goal. It's also the only match when i've had my hands on the match ball. I was walking round the pitch when it went off for a throw in right near me so I threw it back to to Andy May.

Fond memories :)

Lucky enough to have been there too, seem to remember we played them not too longafter in a midweek game, away, and ended up being chased through some locals gardens as it all went a bit silly after the game. Don't even remember the score line.
Still waiting for the repeat or better.

Was in main stand centre block - from where I instigated the one-man pitch invasion at the end. Can be seen with arm round whitey as players walk off, prior to me being marched off.

In true typical city style this was my first game at maine road as a 15 year old kid.

Had enough money to get the train over from donny, a sandwich from the market, a bus ground (think it was one of those bright yellow busy bee's!) And then to get in the ground.

For some reason I sat in that bizarre block between the main stand and north stand, the guy let me in as a kid but told me I should have paid the full price as at city you're an adult from 15...

Didn't have enough money left for a programme, think its the only city game I've failed to buy one at.

Was a truly bizarre game, still remember the 'we want ten chants' and ironic cheering their penalty goal.

Great day, first of many at maine road too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.