25th Anniversary Plans for York (A)

York away...

The assembled ranks of Mancunians advancing across the Pennines in a manner reminiscent of Mao's Long March (all forms of motorised and public transport having long since been filled to capacity). Only the old and the lame left behind to curse their luck and remonstrate angrily with the few unfortunate souls who walked the empty streets, speculating on what form of apocalypse had rendered the city of Manchester so lifeless.

And as the hordes descended on York, it is said that the blue waves could be seen from space, causing several urgent weather warnings to be broadcast by a fearful government, thinking that some terrible tidal wave was about to engulf it.

The journey home was far more sombre, grown men weeping but still stopping to help the small children who had suffered the ordeal. And as the taller buildings of an empty Manchester started to appear on the horizon, they raised their eyes to the heavens and swore that City would fall no further and rise from the ashes to conquer all of Europe some day...

...or possibly not, I wouldn't know, I wasn't there.

York away...

The assembled ranks of Mancunians advancing across the Pennines in a manner reminiscent of Mao's Long March (all forms of motorised and public transport having long since been filled to capacity). Only the old and the lame left behind to curse their luck and remonstrate angrily with the few unfortunate souls who walked the empty streets, speculating on what form of apocalypse had rendered the city of Manchester so lifeless.

And as the hordes descended on York, it is said that the blue waves could be seen from space, causing several urgent weather warnings to be broadcast by a fearful government, thinking that some terrible tidal wave was about to engulf it.

The journey home was far more sombre, grown men weeping but still stopping to help the small children who had suffered the ordeal. And as the taller buildings of an empty Manchester started to appear on the horizon, they raised their eyes to the heavens and swore that City would fall no further and rise from the ashes to conquer all of Europe some day...

...or possibly not, I wouldn't know, I wasn't there.
Excellent.

Losing to York and going 12th. The lowest place ever.
Beating Wrexham and moving up a place or two.....

Deffo York
Ah but. The people who went to York, went when we were about 10th place. We only went 12 after the loss.
So. The real die hards, ( i missed York but was at Wrexham ) went when we were at our lowest.
I call a retrial.

Small time. Just like the bollocks of ex-players attending the 25th anniversary of us winning fuck all. Think Peter Barnes attended something that was arranged by fans at the social club.

Getting a draw at Darlington in the FA Cup was a particularly low point for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.