#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d sell him if anyone offers 40m

I wonder if Leicester would come back for him for 50m or so, and if we'd sell? They're likely to spend big this season for the CL and Maddison is probably gone so they'll need a creative player.

I don't think he's even been bad, and at times he does things no one else in the squad can do, but he just can't establish himself in the team. He's never started more than 3 league games in a row, and that only happened twice.

When Pep saw us unable to break down Liverpool and left him on the bench when we were desperate for a goal, that was a pretty killer blow. It was like when Danilo wasn't playing even though Walker was going through a terrible patch of form and costing us a goal a game - it just made me think Pep doesn't rate him at all.

I wonder if Leicester would come back for him for 50m or so, and if we'd sell? They're likely to spend big this season for the CL and Maddison is probably gone so they'll need a creative player.

I don't think he's even been bad, and at times he does things no one else in the squad can do, but he just can't establish himself in the team. He's never started more than 3 league games in a row, and that only happened twice.

When Pep saw us unable to break down Liverpool and left him on the bench when we were desperate for a goal, that was a pretty killer blow. It was like when Danilo wasn't playing even though Walker was going through a terrible patch of form and costing us a goal a game - it just made me think Pep doesn't rate him at all.

Agree he isn’t a bad player he is far from bad he is a quality player but just doesn’t gell with the team. Funny enough a team like Liverpool or the rags he would be far better match. Be interesting if Mahrez would want to go back to Leicester. Think one of the Italian teams be ideal for him.

I’d sell him if anyone offers 40m
I agree. And it's not that he's a bad player, but the fact is he's failed at his prime objective: to seriously push for the (and claim) the starting job at his position. Bernardo has been in bad form just about the entire season, and at no point has Mahrez staked a claim that he should be playing there week in week out. It's also pretty clear, like Danilo the last two years, that Pep just doesn't fully trust him. I'd try to get 50m, but if the offer was 40m I would take it.

Tried more tricks than David Copperfield. Unfortunately they were more like the ones by Tommy Cooper. Must be infuriating to his team mates when he cannot do the simple thing.
You talking about Pepe from Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.