#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is starting to piss me off now, everything he does just looks lazy. He refuses to pass it forwards, lost count of the amount of times foden went beyond him for mahrez to just turn back.

Not working out and never has done apart from the odd occasion. He's had plenty of time to adapt to the style of play.

He is starting to piss me off now, everything he does just looks lazy. He refuses to pass it forwards, lost count of the amount of times foden went beyond him for mahrez to just turn back.
The more I see him the more I think he will never be a great player for us. He's too greedy by half, sloppy in possession and rarely runs back once he has lost the ball. Really surprised he gets so many starts as he is nothing like a Pep type player. Talented, yes but going to be a legend with us, never.

The more I see him the more I think he will never be a great player for us. He's too greedy by half, sloppy in possession and rarely runs back once he has lost the ball. Really surprised he gets so many starts as he is nothing like a Pep type player. Talented, yes but going to be a legend with us, never.
I agree mate, clearly talented but not the player for us. He reminds me of that greedy kid from school who wants the glory for himself instead of playing for the team.

I don’t see much resemblance.

Navas was fast, hard-working, unselfish and diabolical at finishing. Mahrez is gifted but he’s one of the greediest players I have seen.
It's the lack of impact and the repeatedly getting the ball in decent positions, turning back and passing sideways that reminds me of him.

I don’t see much resemblance.

Navas was fast, hard-working, unselfish and diabolical at finishing. Mahrez is gifted but he’s one of the greediest players I have seen.

This is not really the place for this but I think Navas is one of the most under-appreciated City players of the last 10 years.

If you dropped a 27 year old Navas into our squad now, he'd be getting a lot of game time.

This is not really the place for this but I think Navas is one of the most under-appreciated City players of the last 10 years.
He looked great in his first season but Pellegrini destroyed him IMO. I liked him, he always put a shift in but after that first season he got worse and worse in terms of his attacking. Always taking safe options when he had the pace and ability to get past the full back. I always felt he was under instruction to just make sure we kept possession and not take risks.

If you dropped a 27 year old Navas into our squad now, he'd be getting a lot of game time.
Navas never looked up before his final ball, consequently his crosses frequently went straight to the first defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.