#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret we did not play him against United. He seems to shine against teams that try to get a result and don't park the bus.

I regret we did not play him against United. He seems to shine against teams that try to get a result and don't park the bus.
It's because he is better at attacking space than Bernardo.

I think Bernardo was better against parked buses last season, but ultimately I'd like him to go centrally now on, with license to push forward every now and then.

United and Leicester both sat back against us. They just offer more on the counter than the most other teams in the league.

In a desperate attempt to cement his place in the team, I think he’s guilty of trying to do too much at times. Conversely, he sometimes plays a bit like Nasri by being too passive and cautious in possession.

United and Leicester both sat back against us. They just offer more on the counter than the most other teams in the league.

In a desperate attempt to cement his place in the team, I think he’s guilty of trying to do too much at times. Conversely, he sometimes plays a bit like Nasri by being too passive and cautious in possession.

I have no issues with him being a bit greedy, if he is continually trying to beat his full back. My issues with Mahrez come from him thinking he can just have 3 or 4 moments a game and that’s enough in this side. It isn’t. He was involved all game today and was being far more positive than in recent weeks.

He’s not shit, just appears lazy and selfish with little return. Not sure if he’s just looking for a move or if his best days are behind him. He’s so predictable when he picks the ball up out side the area. I don’t know the answer, maybe Pep wants him to play like that.
I wish he had upped his work rate and output from last season, but it looks like he’s going backwards or stagnating.

Which is it going backwards or stagnating ?

Pep pretty much says it's team fault when he doesn't play good and that he played well today because team did a good job and sent him the balls at the right time and at the right place. The point was to leave him one on one with Chilwell and he'll sort it, but when the team doesn't create such situation, than there is problem for him to do what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.