#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely bottled it. Looked as though he might have been building up some sort of consistency before the derby but straight back to square one with another cowardly performance

I haven’t forgiven him for missing that penalty at klanfield, not even hitting the target ffs, forgotten when that was now, maybe 2 yrs ago, I think he’s more of an impact player from the bench tbh..

Has he ever made much of an impact from the bench when we haven’t already been 3 up?

He was just a bad signing.

Any others you put in that category or just Mahrez?

I think with others people would be inclined to mention such as Sterling, Jesus etc it's slightly unfair given that they've delivered in big games for us in the past. So the hope that their past form can return keeps us onside.

However, with Mahrez he's just not done it for us. Ever. His Leicester career is irrelevant in this argument too. They had no expectations and had 60 yards of open space to run into every game on the counter. He's not fit to deliver consistently for a top club.

How the hell he keeps Bernardo out of the team is driving me mad. He’s fkn bone idle, Bernardo runs his heart out for the team and is a better player
Bernardo has done fuck all for 18 months now, Mahrez was miles better than him last season, this season he has been poor but Bernardo hasn't done anything either, and Bernardo has never been a better player except for that one season, but just because he runs more he gets a free pass from most people here.

It's so funny how opposite Mahrez and Sane are as players. Mahrez bullies the mid table and relegation teams, while Sane would sort of stroll and walk against these teams while playing in certain moments and counter attacks and usually feeding goals to Sterling. In Big games, however, he would go and play his best from the first minute and give amazing performances, bagging goals in the process. Sane was truly a big game player, something Mahrez will never be.

I think with others people would be inclined to mention such as Sterling, Jesus etc it's slightly unfair given that they've delivered in big games for us in the past. So the hope that their past form can return keeps us onside.

However, with Mahrez he's just not done it for us. Ever. His Leicester career is irrelevant in this argument too. They had no expectations and had 60 yards of open space to run into every game on the counter. He's not fit to deliver consistently for a top club.
You need to do some homework before trying to state things as facts.

I agree Mahrez hasn't been a huge success for us overall and I would suggest that is more because of fit than ability.

However. Has never delivered in big games. I guess you are sweeping under the carpet the away winner at Spurs when we went on to win the league, by how many points?

Wrong thread for Sterling, but if you feel he has done it against the big teams, Rags and Dippers should give you some research.

Yes, I think we should move him on, but to say he has done nothing is bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.