#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. Some players get far more harshly criticised than others.

It'd be nice if all those players could be afforded that leniency, they are all City players after all.
Just a bit of support I don’t necessarily want the forum to be a happy clappers tea party but let’s accentuate some positives with the negatives and Mahrez had always had that unbelievable first touch, yes he can be sometimes guilty of making the wrong choice but that’s him, that’s his game

Fair play to FFS because a lot of fans frustrations were that he wasn’t applying himself properly and not because he was shite but he has stepped up big time. We all know how good his technique is, I could watch that touch he does all day when one is drilled over to him and he controls it dead with the outside of his foot without breaking stride.

I don’t think he’s had one ffs this season. He’s oozing confidence & having game time has really worked for him. He’s up for player of the season alongside Gundy & Diaz

A defining season for a player who has always had the tools if not the application.
Now he's a team player (sometimes still has the bit of greediness in him) his contribution to our success has been immense.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Mahrez won us a highly important game later this season... Actually, it's almost certain that it will happen.

Written back in February when Mahrez was still getting a lot of shit.

Before the start of the season, Mahrez, Gundogan and Rodri were some of the most maligned players on here. They have had excellent seasons so far.

I don’t think he’s had one ffs this season. He’s oozing confidence & having game time has really worked for him. He’s up for player of the season alongside Gundy & Diaz
Diaz went to Madrid a couple of years ago. Dias on the other hand.....

His skills were never in doubt - it’s his decision making that was questionable.
I think he should keep the ‘ffs’ tag - if only to remind us of his improvement and to show us supporters of just how wrong we can be

Doesn't track back - he's putting in goal saving clearances at left back when our holding midfielder is nowhere

Doesn't score important goals - winner in the champions league semi final.

What else does he have to do?
Actually haters never really care about what Mahrez contribues to the team. They still call him FFS even though he scored the winner last night and played very well since February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.