26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My player of the season and my idol. Happy he has finally showed his skills to all blues around the world who doubt him

There is little doubt that our wingers do what is asked of them. I just think it’s arguable that we aren’t any better for it.

In 17/18 we played the best, most exciting football I have ever seen in the Prem. Yes, our games got a bit away from us at times, but overall we were absolutely sensational and 100 points and the title backs it up.

18/19 felt like a hybrid of 17/18 and the City we see now. Domestic treble winners and possibly a bit tougher than the 17/18 side.

Current City is still an amazing team but nowhere near as exciting to watch.

All iterations have the same thing in common…none won the CL. You could argue that this more solid side looks more likely to win it than 17/18 but not winning it, is not winning it, no matter how it pans out.

It’s all about personal opinions, but my own is I would much rather watch 17/18 City than the current side. For me, the easiest way to get towards that side again, is to get back to having wingers who consistently try and beat a man, instead of being obsessed with keeping the ball.
That obsession kills me sometimes.

My player of the season and my idol. Happy he has finally showed his skills to all blues around the world who doubt him
Guess what, he hasn't and he bottles big moments more than not. I think most of us would be happy to see him leave. Tomorrow.

All his penalties are to the same side. This was the time to just guide the ball to the opposite side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.