26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to bash him for stepping up and taking a penalty. He hit the target and that is the bare minimum.
We don't have good PK takers and he's clearly the bravest of the bunch (KdB/Jesus) in this regard. Either way we all know Haaland is on them next season.

However he was poor all game in other aspects - Grealish and Jesus tried their arses off and he just seemed to saunter round doing nothing, its easy to see why he frustrates people.

At least he made the keeper save it to his credit
I don't expect him to be a Benzema or a Messi but you ask any keeper where they want a pen to be hit & that is chest high and not in the corners. I'm more annoyed that in many games he is largely anonymous and his first half performance today was rank.

At least we got the point. Why do we all get so angry about these moments? well for me it's because I cannot live in a world where Liverpool win the quadruple.

He stood up and was willing to take one - clearly Jesus/De Bruyne aren't willing.

Poor performance I'll agree, not sure about being a pussy.
He’s stood up to take one because as per usual it’s all about him. He wants to try showing that level of enthusiasm for the 90 mins that preceded it. Instead he stands out the way, on the wing with his finger up his arse in case he gets hurt.

And Cole Palmer will be sat getting splinters watching Mahrez pass backwards 90% of the time too
I’m excited about Palmer. Can’t wait till he proves he can make it here. On Mahrez…I can only sigh. I didn’t feel confident…well, I never do on City pens…

You must be over the moon at this moment ...
100% the opposite I was praying he scored it. BTW I expect an apology when the info I have becomes open knowledge, I will wait until June but by then you maybe off supporting a different team.

Somehow he’s not revered as the other 10 who will be included beside him.

Has he had “a moment”? I can’t think of a game where he’s had that moment that defines him. Like a last minute winner or an important piece of action. Could possible say the PSG games last year but with no crowd it’s not as memorable as it should be.

I think if you were to ask city fans to define a Mahrez moment and they only had a second to answer, for most it would be the Liverpool penalty miss.

I love him and want him to get that moment.

Today was that moment.

Cash in and put the effort in Cole Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.