26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he had a disappointing game overall, but shouldn't forget that it was his cross that led to the equaliser. As for the penalty, he hit it well enough but it was a good save by Fabianski. These things happen. He's taken and scored some big penalties for us over the last couple of seasons. Shouldn't be made a scapegoat for that result.

Yep Mahrez gets a lot of slack seems pep never asks him to play on the other side
Basically allows him to work in a 30 x 30 yard stretch of pitch, and if he doesn’t set something up then he offers little else.

Thought he was more negative than anything else today. Everything went backwards.

Thought he had a disappointing game overall, but shouldn't forget that it was his cross that led to the equaliser. As for the penalty, he hit it well enough but it was a good save by Fabianski. These things happen. He's taken and scored some big penalties for us over the last couple of seasons. Shouldn't be made a scapegoat for that result.
Agreed. It was a great save.

His last 4/5 pens have been good and we don’t seem to have many other willing or even competent takers. Nothing we can do. Chance for the title there and then more or less and he blew it.
Not sure if it’s about willing players. I’m sure he’s designated as the pen taker. I’ve seen in the past Jesus wanting to take one but rank was called. Nonetheless, it may be left to the players even. As you’ve said anyway, nothing can be done. It was missed. Move on and break hearts on the final day :)

At the end of the day, it takes balls for a player to step up and take a penalty that wins us the title. I can forgive him for the penalty, but his all round game has been lacking for weeks now. Never been more convinced that right wing could be improved.

A City player trying his best. Shouldn't be taking abuse.

Not good enough on the penalty but also an excellent player overall for the past three years. Got us through PSG almost on his own.

He's a bottler apparently for missing this penalty and the one at Klanfield but how many has he converted? Bunch of guys on this squad afraid to take them at all.

I wouldn’t have fancied any of our players on the pitch to score that penalty, just never felt like we were going to convert it

It wasn’t a disgraceful penalty by any means, either
Only problem with it for me was that he sends a lot of his pens that way from memory so maybe fairly easy to guess the way it is going. Why they don’t just go down the middle at height is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.