26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably means when he was though at the death at the Etihad. Should have passed it to Foden but can forgive him for not seeing how easy the pass was in the heat of the moment, but he absolutely should have scored himself as well, no excuse not putting it past Alisson. Mahrez biggest problem is that he gets judged on these moments because that is what he is. A moments player. He is a passenger for far too many big games
100%. Have said it for years. He basically does nothing of any note for most of any game. But he plays wide right in arguably the best side in the world. It’s inevitable he will get moments. Today was just a prime example. His overall performance was a disgrace but he gets his one, big moment. He scores and everyone loves him…his goal involvement record 100% gets a mention, or how he has more G/A per min than Salah. That kind of nonsense. However he fluffed his lines and then he becomes a prime target because it’s almost unheard of that he has a missed moment, but has the fallback of having had a great game overall. I can remember loads of great Mahrez moments…I can’t remember too many great Mahrez games overall.

It was not a badly taken penalty their gk did a good save, it happens.

He's fine when you need a goal when you're 3/4 up but very rarely does he perform when it matters. How Foden or Sterling don't come on instead blows my mind.
Sterling comes on and tries his best even though things may not come out as he wants and he'll get criticized even more like usual and people would come and say "why put Sterling when he could've put this one or that one" ....

Sterling comes on and tries his best even though things may not come out as he wants and he'll get criticized even more like usual and people would come and say "why put Sterling when he could've put this one or that one" ....
We scored 19 goals in the last 4 PL games with Sterling starting and Mahrez on the bench, so I wouldn't have been mad if Raz started.

Mahrez has misses a couple of really big penalties now and he must be feeling shit , but not as much if we fail to beat Villa and it costs us the tite , for all the brilliant things he has done for our club his leagacy will be that penalty miss
Wouldnt wish that on anyone so i hope Pep plays him against Villa and gives him a chance to redeem himself by scoring a worldie.

Swings and roundabouts. The same could of be said about Berny vs Palace away. That was an equally bad miss. And he is (quite rightly) is one of our favourites

Mahrez has misses a couple of really big penalties now and he must be feeling shit , but not as much if we fail to beat Villa and it costs us the tite , for all the brilliant things he has done for our club his leagacy will be that penalty miss
Wouldnt wish that on anyone so i hope Pep plays him against Villa and gives him a chance to redeem himself by scoring a worldie.
And the late chance against the Mickeys. He's had a good season, but he may well be remembered for these incidents. Fair? No, not really. But that's what happens. What's the old saying, "you're only as good as your last game". And he was pretty anonymous today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.