26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a good player but for me he does not work hard enough. Great first touch and control of the ball but everyone knows he is going to come in on his left and attempt a shot at goal even if there is a better option available.
At 31 we should be considering maximizing what value we have left in him.

Agree but what he gives us through a full season and the cups stat wise he won’t be going anywhere.

He has played well this season but if results go against us over the next few days that miss will be what he is remembered for when he leaves. His conversion rate from the spot is reasonable and he scored a pressure kick against Spuds,to no avail, but two of his misses from the spot will be long spoken about.
If it doesn’t go our way on Sunday then I don’t think there will be any way back

Last edited:
I said at the beginning of the season he’s not a goal scorer and he wouldn’t make that step up. I still believe that rings true. But let’s be clear here. City’s defense and ederson are unbelievably bad with the exception of stones and Walker. I cannot believe how many soft goals you guys leak. Quite frankly madrid would’ve been toast with a half decent defense and goalkeeper.
He has scored and assisted well over thirty times this season lol and we have the best defence in the prem , head swivel

I don't think it was a bad pen tbh, good save from their keeper. But overall, Riyad has been poor for the last couple of months at least. Prior to that he had been on fire, but on the run up to Ramadan he struggled and then he was average for the whole of that month as well. Over the seasons he has been a really hot or cold player for us, but yesterday he didn't have one successful cross or shot in the whole 90 mins. I was amazed he lasted the whole game tbfh and should have been off before the pen was awarded.
Don't think he's been poor. Has some shitty moments. Like shirking a tackle against Madrid at home. But he hasn't played much of late and we'd been on fire. So I saw no reason to reintroduce him as other than a sub.

But his performance was fine. Comes up with critical plays. An assist in this one.

He is a bit of a mini-Debryune, i.e. even when he isn't playing well he is likely to come up with a goal or assist.

While he was always the #1 attacking player i wanted to see leave if someone were to. For me it's more because he is the oldest and the least intense player to start with. As he ages, you can expect his non-existent pressure to get worse.

Gives a good idea, why he is preferred penalty taker. 9 out of 11. Admittedly the 2 he missed were cruical ones.

I know the goals, and the one against Real seemed really big. but i feel since Christmas hes been meh. He does have the numbers but those little things he does in every game, the greed, the miss against Liverpool at home, the shitting out of important tackles, the penalty misses...it just means he'll always be ffs to me. I'd have him on the bench on Sunday.

I wouldn't miss him if he left,ive never bought into him fully as i don't think his heart is in the club as much as it is his bank balance.

His forum cheerleaders will also depart,which,.given their inability to offer anything other than blinkered adulation where he is concerned,is another bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.