26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he's been poor. Has some shitty moments. Like shirking a tackle against Madrid at home. But he hasn't played much of late and we'd been on fire. So I saw no reason to reintroduce him as other than a sub.

But his performance was fine. Comes up with critical plays. An assist in this one.

He is a bit of a mini-Debryune, i.e. even when he isn't playing well he is likely to come up with a goal or assist.

While he was always the #1 attacking player i wanted to see leave if someone were to. For me it's more because he is the oldest and the least intense player to start with. As he ages, you can expect his non-existent pressure to get worse.
Yeah bad wording from me tbf, he's been below where he was earlier in the season which is frustrating.

I wanted to see him in the 8 for ages, i just thought he would be able to pick up the intensity and his ball retention is obviously great. But Pep clearly doesn't think he can pick that aspect up, its not natural to him and he hasn't been able to learn it.

Yeah bad wording from me tbf, he's been below where he was earlier in the season which is frustrating.

I wanted to see him in the 8 for ages, i just thought he would be able to pick up the intensity and his ball retention is obviously great. But Pep clearly doesn't think he can pick that aspect up, its not natural to him and he hasn't been able to learn it.
He's the only player in our whole squad who can only play one position.

Sorry but he should have won us the game at hone against Liverpool but went for the post card finish then should have squared for foden to tap in and then we’d be in Paris for the final and now he could have virtually won us the title on Sunday but like the other year he missed the penalty great skill but doesn’t track back which means the the right side is vulnerable. Atm I don’t really want to see him in the shirt at all but hopefully Sunday he redeems himself.

Sorry but he should have won us the game at hone against Liverpool but went for the post card finish then should have squared for foden to tap in and then we’d be in Paris for the final and now he could have virtually won us the title on Sunday but like the other year he missed the penalty great skill but doesn’t track back which means the the right side is vulnerable. Atm I don’t really want to see him in the shirt at all but hopefully Sunday he redeems himself.
Are you seriously suggesting Mahrez is the reason we're out of the CL?

Not what you wrote though is it?

IIRC, we were winning when he was subbed
Just checked what I wrote then yes for one he bottled out of a tackle which led to a goal at ours and if he would have squared it and foden tapped in then yes we would be in Paris . Tbh I do like Mahrez but he is lazy and doesnt get as much involved as he should . Hope he now prooves me wrong .

Our wingers are boring compared to 17/18. Sane and Sterling used to have the freedom to take on fullbacks. Now it’s just cut back, pass, wait for an opening. I want to see some pace back on the wings and with Haaland being an absolute powerhouse that would transform us.
I think with Haaland we will have more option to play like we did in 17/18, sterling was on fire then too - he has always been better alongside a striker than the way we have had to play recently. They can stick two men on the wingers the way we play now. With Haaland in the middle they wont be able to do that

I think with Haaland we will have more option to play like we did in 17/18, sterling was on fire then too - he has always been better alongside a striker than the way we have had to play recently. They can stick two men on the wingers the way we play now. With Haaland in the middle they wont be able to do that
Yeah, I think there will be many moments next season where a defence will be wondering whether to stick, twist, have a haircut or a shit! The more options for them to think about the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.