26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said at the beginning of the season he’s not a goal scorer and he wouldn’t make that step up. I still believe that rings true. But let’s be clear here. City’s defense and ederson are unbelievably bad with the exception of stones and Walker. I cannot believe how many soft goals you guys leak. Quite frankly madrid would’ve been toast with a half decent defense and goalkeeper.
Just remind me who are our top scorers this season and then say it again

I said at the beginning of the season he’s not a goal scorer and he wouldn’t make that step up. I still believe that rings true. But let’s be clear here. City’s defense and ederson are unbelievably bad with the exception of stones and Walker. I cannot believe how many soft goals you guys leak. Quite frankly madrid would’ve been toast with a half decent defense and goalkeeper.
As if we're going to listen to a glory hunting Madrid fan.

Your input to anything concerning us is zero.

Indeed he has but he has Also bottled it on massive occasions aswell .so he has done abit of both .
He not the only City player to have missed Penalties, I seem to remember KDB, Gundodan and Jesus all missing penalites at vital times. All in all we have been pretty crap at taking them in recent years. Mahrez has probably been as good as anyone at taking them. My only problelm with him taking them is he seem to take the same penalty over avid over, to the keepers left and high.

I don't think it was a bad pen tbh, good save from their keeper. But overall, Riyad has been poor for the last couple of months at least. Prior to that he had been on fire, but on the run up to Ramadan he struggled and then he was average for the whole of that month as well. Over the seasons he has been a really hot or cold player for us, but yesterday he didn't have one successful cross or shot in the whole 90 mins. I was amazed he lasted the whole game tbfh and should have been off before the pen was awarded.

With our highest goals + assists per 90 mins in the League, Champs League and FA Cup, it's almost as if people focus on Mahrez's negatives....

Indeed he has but he has Also bottled it on massive occasions aswell .so he has done abit of both .
He has played well this season but if results go against us over the next few days that miss will be what he is remembered for when he leaves. His conversion rate from the spot is reasonable and he scored a pressure kick against Spuds,to no avail, but two of his misses from the spot will be long spoken about.

He is a good player but for me he does not work hard enough. Great first touch and control of the ball but everyone knows he is going to come in on his left and attempt a shot at goal even if there is a better option available.
At 31 we should be considering maximizing what value we have left in him.

I think he’s contributed a lot, played some great football and had some great moments. He’s also played so dour, lazy and greedy stuff and I think his time here is about up. I can’t see him being motivated for another stab at the Champions League in the way he had been over the last two seasons, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.