26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immensely talented but predictable and limited in the roles he can play. I think inverted wingers are not effective enough against packed defenses in terms of shooting or setting up chances. Would it be worth trying him on the left with a brief to create chances rather than to try scoring?

Playing him with these rotated sides is a waste of time, you know our passing will be slow and wayward and he can be bullied. He excels when we pass with tempo and he has players to link up with, Bernado in particular. Jesus should be the utility man.

I don`t dislike the lad but tonight did he really try and best a man.

Nope, he rarely ever does beat his man, if you don’t count how many times he cuts back just outside the box and crosses one in. Far to predictable, but he’s been decent for us overall. Would like to see us sign a new winger next summer along with fully promoting Palmer and letting both Raz and Mahrez leave.

Looks disinterested to me, no good coming inside with 15 people in the box it’s too easy to defend. I think he’s already got one eye on the exit and I think him and Raz will be gone by next summer.

Nothing came off for him last night, literally nothing.

When he's not having a good game, his fall back is that he can usually get the ball on to his left and either cut inside and shoot, or cross, seemed everything was blocked against West Ham, like he was a yard off the pace and just wasn't sharp enough.

He’s a greedy **** who would have me pulling my hair out if I had much.
He does so many things brilliantly until his last phase when he just decided he’s going to shoot even if no shot is on.
Drives me fucking mad!

For a player who has openly declared his intention to see our his career here, he could do with some lifting of his overall performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.