26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never realized how he never gets injured. He looks like a twig!
View attachment 31184

Only missing 1 game through injury your entire career is absolutely insane. Even if he's physically built for endurance the fact that nobody has successfully two footed Mahrez and put him out for a game or two feels even crazier

Mahrez was pushed to the side in PL(only 4 starts in 16 rounds which kind of equates to 10 starts in a full season compared to 20+ in last to seasons), Pep cleverly rotated him into the side for CL games. with no CL games until 2.5 months now wonder how much he will start. as he never really playing across the front three but only the right side 99% of the time, while Sterling seemingly is more compatible to be playing left, right or even centrally as well as Foden/Jesus.
I wonder if Torres didnt have this long injury even he would get more game time than Mahrez.

Mahrez was pushed to the side in PL(only 4 starts in 16 rounds which kind of equates to 10 starts in a full season compared to 20+ in last to seasons), Pep cleverly rotated him into the side for CL games. with no CL games until 2.5 months now wonder how much he will start. as he never really playing across the front three but only the right side 99% of the time, while Sterling seemingly is more compatible to be playing left, right or even centrally as well as Foden/Jesus.
I wonder if Torres didnt have this long injury even he would get more game time than Mahrez.
As I just posted in the grealish thread if I was mahrez I would be really pissed off. Had a brilliant season last year, is our second top scorer this year and yet he can’t seemingly get a start over a woefully out of form grealish.

For me mahrez is one of our best players and is criminally underrated by some city fans

As I just posted in the grealish thread if I was mahrez I would be really pissed off. Had a brilliant season last year, is our second top scorer this year and yet he can’t seemingly get a start over a woefully out of form grealish.

For me mahrez is one of our best players and is criminally underrated by some city fans

Couldn't agree more!

I get the frustration on Riyad and his lackadaisical approach. But you need someone who can score goals. Right now, no one can do that in the team, besides maybe Bernardo. Grealish is class for me but he doesn’t belong on the wing. Pep should also give Mahrez more freedom in these kinds of games. And starting him and giving him a run of games wouldn’t hurt.

What a technical master… 10th goal of the year, most by a City player this season

Reactions: JDV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.