26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to play like this every game.. this is the Mahrez I know. It’s a team game Riyad, hope today shows you that

Absolutely brilliant tonight. I've mentioned this a few times previously but our game is heavily skewed towards the left hand side so the right winger can be completely out of the game for such a long period through absolutely no fault of his own, that was the case for about the first 25 minutes tonight but everytime he touched it he made sure he had an impact.

Love the tussle we have on the right with jesus mahrez and sterling all being their current best position, and that's without mentioning Palmer. all 3 deserve to play right now, healthy competition but such a shame we've got that kind of options on the right yet are lacking in other areas.

Second only to kdb tonight. Has to start against Newcastle.

Works his absolute ass off. Baffling when I see some posters question his work rate. Hypothetically if he went to PSG, wingers there would likely be asking him," why are you running so much?"

I've said it before but his game is going to age really well simply because his technique is so good. Wouldn't be against a two year extension.

Last edited:
One of his best games,looked hungry and dangerous.....although still always capable of selfishness/picking the wrong pass.

Absolutely brilliant tonight. I've mentioned this a few times previously but our game is heavily skewed towards the left hand side so the right winger can be completely out of the game for such a long period through absolutely no fault of his own, that was the case for about the first 25 minutes tonight but everytime he touched it he made sure he had an impact.

Love the tussle we have on the right with jesus mahrez and sterling all being their current best position, and that's without mentioning Palmer. all 3 deserve to play right now, healthy competition but such a shame we've got that kind of options on the right yet are lacking in other areas.

Second only to kdb tonight. Has to start against Newcastle.
I’d switch Jesus to LW because of that. 3 good RW options, and only 2 LW and those 2 LW can play centre really well.

If we’re playing well and battering the opposition he’s likely to pop up with a goal or an assist. It’s the tight games or games where we’re not playing particularly well where he doesn’t do enough for me. Apart from his goal against Leipzig last week every single goal he’s scored this season has been in a heavy City win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.