26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's surpassing peak sterling numbers here and putting in peak aguero numbers. Alright it was a penalty but given the trouble we've had with them recently that's not as easy as it should be. Keep it up.

Mahrez is getting to the level of consistency, importance and composure of some of our very best players in recent history. If you were doing a best XI of the Mansour era, I think that right wing is his.

Somehow he’s not revered as the other 10 who will be included beside him.

Has he had “a moment”? I can’t think of a game where he’s had that moment that defines him. Like a last minute winner or an important piece of action. Could possible say the PSG games last year but with no crowd it’s not as memorable as it should be.

I think if you were to ask city fans to define a Mahrez moment and they only had a second to answer, for most it would be the Liverpool penalty miss.

I love him and want him to get that moment.

There's an air of confidence and arrogance in his penalty taking. At the moment, there's no one else in the squad I feel more comfortable with taking pens.

Has he had “a moment”? I can’t think of a game where he’s had that moment that defines him. Like a last minute winner or an important piece of action. Could possible say the PSG games last year but with no crowd it’s not as memorable as it should be.

I think if you were to ask city fans to define a Mahrez moment and they only had a second to answer, for most it would be the Liverpool penalty miss.

I thought the goal away at Brighton in 2018/19 in a must win game was a pretty big moment.

Last day of the season and right in front of the away fans, not to mention the piece of skill and the finish. It might not technically have been the winning goal but the score was still only 2-1 and I doubt any of us felt the title was secure until we score a third. Once that goal went in we knew the title was ours.

His moment will be a goal in Saint Petersburg this May

I thought the goal away at Brighton in 2018/19 in a must win game was a pretty big moment.

Last day of the season and right in front of the away fans, not to mention the piece of skill and the finish. It might not technically have been the winning goal but the score was still only 2-1 and I doubt any of us felt the title was secure until we score a third. Once that goal went in we knew the title was ours.
Didn't he score the only goal against spurs I think it was in the run in the year we got 99

Prob just perception, alot of his goals up until the Champions League run last season came well in 'statpad' territory either due to coming off the bench or just Aguero/Sterling being in the scoresheet first.

Really imposing himself earlier in games and in the season, more in the 'game-changers' bracket last year or so. Becoming a go-to clutch player.

1st season - 2
2nd Season - 5
3rd Season - 8 (inc 2 qtrs, 2 semis)
This - 4 already

Prob just perception, alot of his goals up until the Champions League run last season came well in 'statpad' territory either due to coming off the bench or just Aguero/Sterling being in the scoresheet first.

Really imposing himself earlier in games and in the season, more in the 'game-changers' bracket last year or so. Becoming a go-to clutch player.

1st season - 2
2nd Season - 5
3rd Season - 8 (inc 2 qtrs, 2 semis)
This - 4 already

If those are his CL goal stats they’re totally wrong. He got 1 goal in his first season, 1 in his second season and 5 last season. Apologies if I’ve misinterpreted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.