26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If those are his CL goal stats they’re totally wrong. He got 1 goal in his first season, 1 in his second season and 5 last season. Apologies if I’ve misinterpreted though.
no just goals that were lead taking or equalisers (ie. not the 4th in a 6-0 win) game-changers.

no just goals that were lead taking or equalisers (ie. not the 4th in a 6-0 win) game-changers.

But of those 4 goals, 2 were pens, 1 was against Wycombe and the other a header from 2 yards against Brugge. I’d go as far to say that the goal against Brugge is the only goal he’s scored of any consequence from open play this season.

But of those 4 goals, 2 were pens, 1 was against Wycombe and the other a header from 2 yards against Brugge. I’d go as far to say that the goal against Brugge is the only goal he’s scored of any consequence from open play this season.
The amount we've missed. Im happy to count those nowadays.

I thought the goal away at Brighton in 2018/19 in a must win game was a pretty big moment.

Last day of the season and right in front of the away fans, not to mention the piece of skill and the finish. It might not technically have been the winning goal but the score was still only 2-1 and I doubt any of us felt the title was secure until we score a third. Once that goal went in we knew the title was ours.

Possibly but it was shared with four other players and wasn’t “the” winner.

Certainly not an Aguero 9320, Kompany v United/Leicester, countless Yaya goals etc

Even the likes of Jesus (100 points winner) and Sane (winner v Liverpool) have their moments.

I think Sterling is in the same boat.

That moment is missing that cements your legacy in the minds of all fans.

Still, you have to score the penalty or be there for a header from two yards.

If he’s scored the second or third in a game, that’s still of consequence. How many times have we rued wasted opportunities to kill matches as a contest? The league may also come down to goal difference. It all matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.