26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we’re frustrated but turning on Mahrez is mind boggling. Christ on a bike.
I really don't think anyone is turning on him - you could see he himself knew he was not having his best night. He has set unbelievable standards and it's a good sign he was frustrated with his final ball. We really need him for the next two months and I for one think he will be pivotal to us winning the title.

I’ll knock his goal return. It’s the middle of March and he’s got one league goal from open play that you could say had an actual effect on the result of the game (against Utd last weekend). That’s absolutely nowhere near good enough.
You’ve lobbed a grenade in there.

I know what you’re saying but nobody else is consistently scoring so I don’t think we can single out the guy who is scoring more than any other. I agree his goal return in this side isn’t good enough but by the same token it’s the same for every other forward player at the club. At least one of our front 3 should be getting minimum 20 Prem goals a season in this side but for whatever reasons it just isn’t happening.

You’ve lobbed a grenade in there.

I know what you’re saying but nobody else is consistently scoring so I don’t think we can single out the guy who is scoring more than any other. I agree his goal return in this side isn’t good enough but by the same token it’s the same for every other forward player at the club. At least one of our front 3 should be getting minimum 20 Prem goals a season in this side but for whatever reasons it just isn’t happening.

I don’t even think it’s controversial, if he wasn’t our penalty taker then most of his goals this season would have been scored when we were comfortably winning. Obviously they all count and maybe we’ll win the league on goal difference by one goal, but at some stage he has to do more from open play in tight games. The last league goal he scored from open play when we were either drawing or losing a game was against Everton over a year ago.

I really don't think anyone is turning on him - you could see he himself knew he was not having his best night. He has set unbelievable standards and it's a good sign he was frustrated with his final ball. We really need him for the next two months and I for one think he will be pivotal to us winning the title.
He has to be because nobody else in the side is going to score the goals. As much as Sterling frustrates the life out of me with his general play, he is effective goals wise. With him out of the side, it’s all on Mahrez, because I don’t see the likes of Grealish becoming prolific all of a sudden.

I don’t even think it’s controversial, if he wasn’t our penalty taker then most of his goals this season would have been scored when we were comfortably winning. Obviously they all count and maybe we’ll win the league on goal difference by one goal, but at some stage he has to do more from open play in tight games. The last league goal he scored from open play when we were either drawing or losing a game was against Everton over a year ago.
I’m not disagreeing, just pointing out that nobody else is doing either. We don’t have anyone who scores anywhere near enough goals given the quality of this side. Mahrez is currently the most “prolific” of a profligate bunch.

I’m not disagreeing, just pointing out that nobody else is doing either. We don’t have anyone who scores anywhere near enough goals given the quality of this side. Mahrez is currently the most “prolific” of a profligate bunch.

Oh I agree, Mane and Salah would have an absolutely field day in our team with the amount of chances we create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.