26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe harsh, and maybe I will feel differently tomorrow when my blood cools, but if we lose the title by two points or less I may never forgive Mahrez for not making a simple pass to a completely open and onside Phil at the end there.

Almost deserves a fine.

Maybe harsh, and maybe I will feel differently tomorrow when my blood cools, but if we lose the title by two points or less I may never forgive Mahrez for not making a simple pass to a completely open and onside Phil at the end there.

Almost deserves a fine.
For someone who cuts in and whips them in the corner with the side of his foot so often I have no idea what he was trying to do

Almost deserves a fine.
Very harsh. We should have been ahead and had the game won already by that point. He should have scored no doubt about it, but so should 3/4 others during the game and countless others in games we've dropped points.

The guy has scored more than enough goals for us this season. When you look at his role in the team which doesn't favour him getting more goals than anybody else yet still have him get the numbers he's got already this season is quite brilliant.

Same for me, he missed that pen at Anfield in 92nd minute. Now this.

I am not saying today chance cannot be missed, but get it on target at least or get a save out of the keeper.

with his technical ability to lob the ball over and getting not even close to be on target is criminal.

it went way over sadly.

maybe good idea to lob over due to GK position but what a criminally bad finish. if it fell on top of th net, I say ok it was close. but the pass from KDb deserved more and City too than this butchered finish.

Almost deserves a fine.
I think you'll feel differently tomorrow.

Without Mahrez scoring so many goals this season we wouldn't be competing for the title.

He does miss some crucial chances but I definitely forgive him for a rush of blood in such a big game.

We also missed a huge opportunity when Jesus should have centred the ball to De Bruyne who was alone in the box but instead took the shot himself from a difficult angle and it ended up in the side net. As a team we miss a lot of good chances.

Next year with a striker we won't have to rely on a late Mahrez winner as the game would have already been buried.

Very harsh. We should have been ahead and had the game won already by that point. He should have scored no doubt about it, but so should 3/4 others during the game and countless others in games we've dropped points.

The guy has scored more than enough goals for us this season. When you look at his role in the team which doesn't favour him getting more goals than anybody else yet still have him get the numbers he's got already this season is quite brilliant.
I don’t actually disagree with much of that, to be honest, but it still doesn’t excuse that decision-making at the end. The disgust with that and the gratitude for his other contributions aren’t mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.