26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have squared it for a foden tap in and had to score second half, two glaring misses. needs to find his shooting boots again, he just can't be fucking up those chances. I can kind of forgive the second half one, hitting the post is really unfortunate, the first half one though was the real bad one, he sees the pass and he's capable of making it. I don't mind players shooting if they're in a good goal scoring position, that was a decent one but he's on his right foot and foden is in a much better spot, he has to pass it even if he thinks it's a risky pass and I suspect Pep will be in his ear tomorrow for that.

If you set those chances aside though he was very good overall, did his bread and butter parts of his game well, made the first goal, put another one on a plate second half too, not his fault it wasn't finished. Could and should have ended with a greater contribution but did more than enough to have had a positive game and as I said with foden, the options on the bench in Grealish and sterling wouldn't have offered anything more. The front 3 is firmly set right now or at least it should be, and all 3 easily did enough tonight to justify their place.

Equal parts exciting and frustrating as the old Mahrez.

I like Mahrez, and he has been important to this team for the last years or so, but at his current age, and with new signings coming in, is he somebody we offload? It almost makes mathematical sense if we can sell a 31 year old for atleast 30m or so.

For the remainder of this season, if Jesus stays as ST, Mahrez is the RW, but with new signings coming in and with Palmer surely rising, it makes me think about next season.

If you guys are so desperate to be rid of Sterling I think you’d need to bring in a new RW as I don’t think Mahrez or Jesus are good enough to start most of the season in the role.

Saw the signs against Liverpool (93rd min), Brighton with that open net and then today. If you're going to be selfish, then you better be clinical

Mahrez is definitely good enough. Some of the chances he created were purely from the quality he possesses, which as I said, is ballon d’or level, but when he gets close to the goal, his decision making is selfish and pub player level

Sterling might not be as technically good but he understands the needs of the team. He works hard and is diligent defensively. I'd have him at the Bernabeu over Mahrez every time. And in the final.

Mahrez is all about himself.

If we start Mahrez in the 2nd leg after this performance, it will leave a very bad influence on the other players and there will be no principles left in this squad. Sterling and Gundo are not bad players and they deserve more.

I still think he should start. Even with his selfishness, he’s a class above sterling. However I wouldn’t be surprised if city let him go. Some of those chances were 100% individual quality from him that he created.. but then he makes the most brain dead decision. Ironically he would fit in a team like Madrid where they need goals and a bit of selfishness from the wingers, but to me, he’ll never truly be a top class player because of his me first mentality.

Wish he didn't shit out of the 50/50 and that crazy crossfield pass that was intercepted was terrible. But he had a good game overall just not clinical enough but we could say that about all of our attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.