26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with Mahrez, he is what he is. Absolutely fantastic footballer as he proved for the first goal. At times he over does it but you don’t get the goals or moments of genius without the frustrating things too.

However, I found it absolutely bizarre he wasn’t subbed for Sterling with about 20 minutes left. He was pretty much dead on his feet but more importantly has no pace to start with to help a 75 year old makeshift right back against their quickest player.

One thing i've always felt about Mahrez is that he enjoys taking the glory, if he has an opportunity to score he will take it, regardless of whether a teammate is in a better position.
He's truly a wonderful player that generally performs very well for us, but last night was a perfect example of his selfishness costing the team a comfortable lead going into the second leg. I just hope it doesn't cost us.

One thing i've always felt about Mahrez is that he enjoys taking the glory, if he has an opportunity to score he will take it, regardless of whether a teammate is in a better position.
He's truly a wonderful player that generally performs very well for us, but last night was a perfect example of his selfishness costing the team a comfortable lead going into the second leg. I just hope it doesn't cost us.

It will cost him his place at the club,most selfish bastard I've ever seen in a City shirt

I just want to come to Riyad's defence here and say I don't believe he chose not to pass to Foden out of selfishness. Passing on the right foot is really not a strong point of his and he probably didn't feel he could make the pass. It all happened extremely quickly anyway.

I just want to come to Riyad's defence here and say I don't believe he chose not to pass to Foden out of selfishness. Passing on the right foot is really not a strong point of his and he probably didn't feel he could make the pass. It all happened extremely quickly anyway.

So your logic is that he doesn't have the ability to play a simple square ball with his right foot to give a teammate a tap in, so he elected to try and score from a tight angle past one of the most in form keepers in the world on his right foot instead?

I suppose you also think at the end of the Liverpool game, because making simple through balls on his strong foot is also "not a strong point", attempting to lob Alisson was the only option there as well?

Didn't have a good game at all last night for me. Missed a couple of gilt edged opportunities which they all did even though we scored 4! The worst bit for me which I can't forgive is the half arsed tracking back and tackling throughout the game. The numbers of times he pulled out of challenges for fear of getting hurt was far too many and it cost us a goal at one point.

So your logic is that he doesn't have the ability to play a simple square ball with his right foot to give a teammate a tap in, so he elected to try and score from a tight angle past one of the most in form keepers in the world on his right foot instead?

I suppose you also think at the end of the Liverpool game, because making simple through balls on his strong foot is also "not a strong point", attempting to lob Alisson was the only option there as well?

Yes. I genuinely do not think he would have made that pass.

How many times have you seen the guy do anything even a little bit difficult with his right foot? He's pretty fucking shocking with it.

If he attempted it, it was going into the defender's legs and out for a corner and that's the best case scenario.

No problem with Mahrez, he is what he is. Absolutely fantastic footballer as he proved for the first goal. At times he over does it but you don’t get the goals or moments of genius without the frustrating things too.

However, I found it absolutely bizarre he wasn’t subbed for Sterling with about 20 minutes left. He was pretty much dead on his feet but more importantly has no pace to start with to help a 75 year old makeshift right back against their quickest player.
100% this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.