26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good, the bad and the ugly nature.
The good, his cross for kev
The bad, the shithouse challenge for the 1st goal.
The ugly nature, greed, why not square it to Phil for a tap in and kill the game off.

We saw all sides to him tonight. Beautiful skill, greed, great crosses, pulling out of 50/50s, etc. He's so infuriating and divisive. When you weigh him up as a player tho, I think he costs us more than he gains us.

He had a fucking acre of room. He's a top class footballer and all he had to do was put it in the 10 yard gap between Courtois and the defender 3 yards from him. He wasn't under pressure, he had loads of time to think about it, and he selfishly went for glory.

View attachment 41521

He also gave the ball away for the penalty, and didn't event think about offering Fernandinho some support when Vinicius was running at him over and over.

Tonight we saw the worst of him - a selfish, greedy player who wastes 3 chances for every moment of magic he produces. The fact he can be so much better just makes it worse, and the fact he was like this in his last 2 games and still got picked makes it infuriating.
Look, I was of those that thought he didn’t have an angle for the pass but thanks for shutting me right up on that. He could have laid it off to Phil. He had a mostly great game.

Usually a big time player but he fluffed his lines tonight , should have scored at least two goals , hopefully he atones for his poor finishing next week in Madrid. We know he is capable of deciding games with his talent

This is my thought. I think that Mahrez is at his best when Grealish is on LW. Grealish is able to attract a lot of defence and thus Mahrez has ace room and less pressure though out the game, and can focus on scoring goals. Indeed Mahrez scored a lot of goal (not penalty) when Grealish played as LW.

Foden is an excellent LW but when he plays on the left he likes to attack the space behind directly and quickly. Foden as a LW is probably more suited to pair with Jesus/Sterling on the right wing.

It is not saying anyone is a better footballer than the other. Given we can use 5 subs in CL, it makes more sense to have 2 sets of combination. One set Grealish - Foden - Mahrez and another set Foden - Jesus - Sterling. Pep can determine which set comes on first based on game plan.

Was this a joke post or just one of the Mahrez fanboys? I can't tell.

I can't believe this needs to be spelled out to anyone who's ever played or watched football but no one is expecting him to pass it straight to where Foden is in the picture.

He passes it in the gigantic space in front of Foden, who is running...
But in that case it has to be perfect. That's why KDB is so unique- he can do that match after match. If Mahrez tried it I bet Foden would have got there too early or too late.

The sure fire option imo was to strike it but go far side instead of nearside.

All done now anyway :-)

Sterling might not be as technically good but he understands the needs of the team. He works hard and is diligent defensively. I'd have him at the Bernabeu over Mahrez every time. And in the final.

Mahrez is all about himself.
Deluded, you ain’t winning the CL with Sterling in the starting line-up.

that chance vs Liverpool in 93rd minute and now these chances missed tonight, seriously a bit more clinical and he is on a hattrick tonight.

i am fucking angry.

Poor for me. Started well and great cross for the goal but You can’t miss chances like he did tonight. The lack of pass to Foden when he chose to shoot instead was criminal. Then he misses that one in the second half and the one near the end. He also offered little cover for Fernandinho. His wastefulness could end up costing us this tie. A very talented but frustrating player.

also kind of backed out of the tackle vs modric which just gave space for their first goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.