26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez threads are definitely the most interesting to read. Half the people posting think he's the secret to our success and the other half think he's an absolute chancer.

A real Marmite player it seems.
Said back when we first signed him that he'd be received very similarly to Dzeko by our fanbase. One of those players who, over 90 mins, you can't really see much value in him because he's very inconsistent and doesn't always make the right decision, but looking back over an entire season you wonder where you'd have ended up without him in tight moments.

Said back when we first signed him that he'd be received very similarly to Dzeko by our fanbase. One of those players who, over 90 mins, you can't really see much value in him because he's very inconsistent and doesn't always make the right decision, but looking back over an entire season you wonder where you'd have ended up without him in tight moments.
I remember back in 19/20 Mahrez was miles clear of all players in the league for creativity stats (behind De Bruyne though).

But as you say, you wouldn't notice that watching him week in week out.

As with Dzeko he'll leave and no-one will be that bothered, but within a couple of years he will be very well thought of.

Mahrez threads are definitely the most interesting to read. Half the people posting think he's the secret to our success and the other half think he's an absolute chancer.

A real Marmite player it seems.
I think the haters here do see his quality. And that’s why the slag him off

here’s the thing, Mahrez has undoubtedly world class ability but he doesn’t hustle 100% at times and put himself about like Bernardo, although he does do a lot of running every game. He also doesn’t impose himself on games. No one on the team has his natural talent. He’s only still using 40% of it. If he had someone like Walkers hustle and drive in the gym and nutrition, etc he’d be a ballon d’or candidate.

My son came home from school going on about how some kid in his class was going on about how skilful mahrez is, I said he’s a great player and tricky but I wouldn’t have him up there as the greatest.
anyhow I got some YouTube clips of him up
And omg he was unreal at Leicester… looks very quick too and not afraid of taking on defenders

anyhow it got me thinking …. Does pep over coach some players like most of these highlights here are from his Leicester days and he looks like he’s having fun and has a freedom to play. I can see the same maybe happening with grealish where certain players are scared of showing there ability incase they make a mistake.

here’s the highlights I was watching.
Abit of a discussion anyway as I really do rate mahrez his first touch is amazing

My son came home from school going on about how some kid in his class was going on about how skilful mahrez is, I said he’s a great player and tricky but I wouldn’t have him up there as the greatest.
anyhow I got some YouTube clips of him up
And omg he was unreal at Leicester… looks very quick too and not afraid of taking on defenders

anyhow it got me thinking …. Does pep over coach some players like most of these highlights here are from his Leicester days and he looks like he’s having fun and has a freedom to play. I can see the same maybe happening with grealish where certain players are scared of showing there ability incase they make a mistake.

here’s the highlights I was watching.
Abit of a discussion anyway as I really do rate mahrez his first touch is amazing

Get where you’re coming from but I bet if you watched a highlights video from his time at City it would be hugely impressive too. The problem for players that take risks on the ball and try make things happen unless your name is Messi it’s very hard to do it almost every week. So other fans who just see motd clips of them tend to think they’re like that most weeks when in reality very few are.

His first touch is incredible. He could play in flip flops and still destroy 95% of the opposition. Trouble is when he's not on it, he looks like he is wearing flip flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.