26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I’m so mixed on this. On the one hand it feels like the right time for him to go, and I was also resigned to never getting a fee for him due to his salary etc. so a Saudi club coming in for him can gazump all that and give us a huge accounting profit on a guy that is worth very little on our books now after amortisation.

On the other hand, it actually complicates our window so much to have a bit of an unexpected sale in there. I don’t think anyone in the club would have expected anything other than him seeing his contract out, so it alters our planning if this was to materialise.

Right after the FA cup final, Mahrez cooked a fraud who spread the rumour of him joining Saudi League on social media. I think he's gonna refuse the Saudi offer again considering his form doesn't fall off a cliff and he settles well in Manchester with Taylor Ward and their new born baby.

Foden and Alvarez are more likely to start than Mahrez if Pep decides to make changes other than Ederson. But, imo, he won't make changes.
I agree that. If any Foden for his form and Alvarez seems to do better in Champions League. Probs just me but i think the way Latin type teams play will be second nature to Alvarez so would have him very much ready as plan b.

I’m in two minds about him going, although he seems to be have been a pretty peripheral figure of late, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he left.

He made a big contribution in January when the team was stuttering so we would need to sign a top player to replace him, even with Foden being very good on the right.

Really depends on who we replace him with for me.

I would be shocked if Riyad went there at this stage in his career, he's still got plenty to offer at the top level. Saudi is where they are going to be putting out the old horses to pasture.
Agree with you but money talks.
I can still remember being shocked when Oscar left Chelsea for China, what a waste of a career

If the Saudis offer that money and he wants off then its a no brainer, equally if he wants to stay I'm ok, he's an excellent squad player and would be hard to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.