26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 30% of a surgeons low risk patients died, that surgeon wouldn’t be allowed to continue performing surgery

He’s missed 10 out of 32 . Beggars belief he still takes them .
Mahrez isn't taking the ball from others, they take them in training and Peps decided he's the best option behind Haaland, it's upto the others to show Pep they're a better option and have the balls to take the next one.

He cannot moan he's not been given chances despite being out of form. Most seem to forget we are not talking about a young player making their way in the game, this is a seasoned pro with bags of ability. Once again he didn't go past one defender all match. Missing 3 out of his last 4 pens is an example of how his form has fallen off a cliff and sometimes when you get into your 30's and a bit stagnant at one club it's hard to suddenly switch it back on.

As I commented in the match day thread he is a player that is currently making others look worse and that is not great. We are not the same attacking force as a team when he plays. For example Haaland comes alive when the ball is at every other players feet yet you can clearly see he doesn't when Mahrez gets it.

I actually think Pep is getting close to not sticking with him - his comments about not being in condition and then at the weekend about "good to see a player who takes a pen great" & "the bad miss could have cost us" tell me that. As others have said Palmer needs more mins.

I don't know how this is going to end but odds must be that he will be on a new adventure prior to his new contract expiring.

Mahrez isn't taking the ball from others, they take them in training and Peps decided he's the best option behind Haaland, it's upto the others to show Pep they're a better option and have the balls to take the next one.
Do you not think though that with his record he should just say “look lads, I’ve had my turn and it’s not worked out, it’s someone else’s go?” He won’t do it though because he plays for himself. He’s stood out wide doing absolutely nothing to influence games. He isn’t scoring and he isn’t assisting and for me, he sees pens as his get out of jail free card. It worked for him last season. It isn’t this.

Really strong final season vibes right now, if he doesn't want to spend the last two years of his deal on loan to Lyon, he needs to fix sharpish

Feels like when we have Kolarov an extension at the end of the 2014 season. It's just totally the wrong decision and we'd have been better trying to keep one of Jesus or Sterling.

Notwithstanding the penalty, he's just not doing anything. There's little movement, he rarely shows for the ball and he doesn't even run at his man anymore.

I hope he picks up his form but he feels like a shadow of the player he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.