26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez given the pen under zero pressure to get monkey off his back, at Anfield when there was pressure he couldnt even hit the target

That new contract was fucking mental,it was the perfect opportunity for needed change.
I honestly believe that if one of Raheem or Jesus had stayed to fight for a place Mahrez was gone. The club probably thought to lose three front players on one window was a big risk. Mahrez would not sign a shorter contract unfortunately.

Who would have known that Haaland for example would have started as though he was born to play in our team. I just hope that in the games coming up he is taken out of the team and we will see if he has the desire to go along with his undoubted ability to work hard to get back into the team - I suspect he will start agitating for a move if he is not first choice - I guess if either happen it will be good because for me at the moment he is hurting the team and the way we play. No coincidence since he has been in the first team we have not scored as many goals and created as many chances.

Massively off form and should be no where near the team really - but disgrace of a professional? I think that's a bit ott mate
Not being fit makes him a disgrace of a professional in my eyes, pay me £200k per week I won’t be overweight.

A bit strong mate , can understand the frustration but Mahrez has been a decent signing and scored plenty of big goals in big games , he has been shocking this season and can understand your annoyance. But unprofessional ? Absolutely not Pep would have bombed him out a long time ago if he wasnt professional in his conduct and attitude.
He’s overweight, Pep said it himself.

He’s overweight, Pep said it himself.
Saw him at Macclesfield rail station last week. We mentioned how small he was, so surprised if overweight as he's the size of a jockey and stick thin. That aside he just doesn't inspire as a player, very rare moments of "ok" but more often than not his contribution is frustrating and disappointing.

he's got a nice first touch when he brings those cross field long balls down, but really he's nowhere near our level now. Needs to be offloaded asap, so many more quicker, hungrier, stronger, productive players out there, thanks for the memories Mahrez but you never really hit the heights. Luxury player and a passenger IMO.

Overreactions everywhere as we would be on a matchday thread or something

First of all, he is not at his best currently what happens in football to many players. It does not mean hes not going to get better soon. Calling a contract extension as a mistake is far premature and lacks any wider perspective.

I do not like blind loyalty in sports, looks like some kind of ideology, which is never good, but to call for a sale of a player, who few months ago was one of our very best, including ties against Real in UCL semi final, is beyond my belief. This simply lacks any loyalty towards „our” player and is wrong in another way.

Luckily for us we have outstanding professionals within club’s offices, so they will find the best solution and I am preety sure it would be through better Mahrez performances on the pitch rather then getting rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.