26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combination of him and Vardy was as dangerous a combo as the Prem has ever seen.
Mahrez playing through the lines to a dashing Vardy in behind.

Would be delightful if we can see something similar here.

Not sure we’ll ever see it though. I’m in agreement with many, could be his last season with us.

I’m trying to say it’s better to have someone taking a penalty who wants to as opposed to someone being forced to take one. He’d still be in Peps first 5
For sure, but how would you know what the others are thinking? Or what Pep's current thinking is?

The combination of him and Vardy was as dangerous a combo as the Prem has ever seen.
Mahrez playing through the lines to a dashing Vardy in behind.

Would be delightful if we can see something similar here.

Not sure we’ll ever see it though. I’m in agreement with many, could be his last season with us.
Mahrez has been spectacular for us, too. He has just lost a step over the past two years, or maybe two steps. And his confidence probably isn't as high as it used to be.

But if his success rate is as poor as it actually is then why would you let him take a penalty let alone want him to? At the next penalty we win if he steps up to take it then whoever is the captain that day needs to step in and tell him to stand down. A number of our players are the elite of world football. Surely one of them can step up and score from 10 yards out? Anyone can miss a penalty that is agreed. It has always happened and it always will. However an 80% strike rate should be the very least.
So why don’t any of these elite players step forward and stop him?

I think Mahrez is done, age has caught up with him all of a sudden.

Seems to have lost a yard of pace and because of that he doesn't have the option of taking the defender on the outside, he's always cutting in and then recycling the ball into midfield.

He's very predictable now, easy for defenders to play against.

I don't think he will be here next season

For sure, but how would you know what the others are thinking? Or what Pep's current thinking is?
Obviously I can’t know what anyone else is thinking but in my opinion he’d be in the first 5 for a shoot out based on he’s a regular penalty taker

Obviously I can’t know what anyone else is thinking but in my opinion he’d be in the first 5 for a shoot out based on he’s a regular penalty taker
Fair enough, but you can't say because others aren't keen to stepping up.

Decent goal at the end doesn’t cover up from what was a shockingly bad performance at times.

5Live commentators pointed out several times how Pep was getting incredibly angry at him on the touchline, didn’t have a great view of it from TV but I’m sure some posters who were in the stadium will be on later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.