26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what did Palmer do except kick the shit out of a Leeds player ? Mahrez was one of our best players in the first half and should've had two assists, yes he disappeared in the second half but no need to talk nonsense.
Nothing much, turned the full back inside out the first time he got the ball and almost got an assist with the ball he then played inside

I'm not sure there were many great first half performances, I noted Rico, Ake and Rodri as having a good first half but didn't think Mahrez was too involved and what he did do he did OK

Not convinced that an OK half is acceptable from a player who should be fresh and itching to go after 6 weeks of no football

Mahrez deserves criticism for his performances this season but the double standards of some people here are laughable, to prove my point if Grealish scored the goal Mahrez did in against the dippers we wouldn't hear the end of it regardless of Grealish's overall performance in that game, but since it was Mahrez those people still bashed his performance.
How does that prove your point? It's hyperthetical!

Grealish performances are actually usually pretty good, it's the end product that is missing.

Mahrez isn't a shit player, but he's under performing and has stopped doing all of the things that made him useful in the side

Nothing much, turned the full back inside out the first time he got the ball and almost got an assist with the ball he then played inside

I'm not sure there were many great first half performances, I noted Rico, Ake and Rodri as having a good first half but didn't think Mahrez was too involved and what he did do he did OK

Not convinced that an OK half is acceptable from a player who should be fresh and itching to go after 6 weeks of no football
I thought we didn't play too much on his side, but when we did he created a few chances, It's fine if you think his performance wasn't acceptable, just don't tell me you found Grealish's performance acceptable then because he wasn't really better.

I thought we didn't play too much on his side, but when we did he created a few chances, It's fine if you think his performance wasn't acceptable, just don't tell me you found Grealish's performance acceptable then because he wasn't really better.
I've not mentioned Grealish's performance, this is the Mahrez thread.

Exactly. Sometimes wingers have quiet nights because the play goes down the other side a lot. He did very little wrong but there’s the usual hyperbole overreaction.

How does that prove your point? It's hyperthetical!

Grealish performances are actually usually pretty good, it's the end product that is missing.

Mahrez isn't a shit player, but he's under performing and has stopped doing all of the things that made him useful in the side
People are praising Grealish for two assists against a relegation team after missing three sitters in the first half, you think they wouldn't go nuts if he scored a goal like that against Liverpool ? of course it's hypothetical since Grealish would need to hit the target first before that happens.
And please define "pretty good performances", if it means winning lots of fouls while hardly ever scoring or assisting then yes Grealish is pretty good at that, but that's not what you paid 100 million for is it ?

Did nowt wrong, they cut down his space very well tonight and he still maintained a level of consistency and should have two assists to his name but for atrocious finishing from his teammates.

He gets those two assists and people are talking him up as possible MOTM, yet his teammates let him down.

Although he did fade in the second half.

People are praising Grealish for two assists against a relegation team after missing three sitters in the first half, you think they wouldn't go nuts if he scored a goal like that against Liverpool ? of course it's hypothetical since Grealish would need to hit the target first before that happens.
And please define "pretty good performances", if it means winning lots of fouls while hardly ever scoring or assisting then yes Grealish is pretty good at that, but that's not what you paid 100 million for is it ?
I cba comparing the two, as they're both different players, and ultimately are both not really delivering enough

I think Grealish always plays fairly well, but lacks the final product, which ironically is what Mahrez used to give us, which now seems to have disappeared

Jack was never a goalscorer at Villa so I wouldn't expect that from him now, but he needs to work on that side of his game.

I'd expect to see more assists and directness from him in the final 3rd

Thought Riyad had a decent game , particularly 1st half. Such a skilful player. Has the best 1st touch of any City player. Did some defensive work tonight as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.