#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We - and Pep - knew already Cancelo is losing too many balls playing further in the mid with pressing 360° around him instead playing near the side line. We can afford that tactics vs lesser sides to support our creative game.

Today we got the lesson that vs a very good side he isn't (yet) accurate enough in that mid position and should have concentrated playing as a plain RB (or Walker be starting - but we didn't want his "brain farts", now we got Cancelo's...).

Hope he's not too disappointed. Still having a great season.

Had his worst game of the season yesterday
Was lucky not to give a goal away straight after the penalty when he thought he was Georgi Kinkladze in our own box

Joao Cancelo: “The mister [Pep Guardiola] had a lot of influence on my role now at #ManCity. I was still not very convinced, because it’s much more difficult than doing what I used to do, which is playing on the right. I was always very used from a very young age

Joao Cancelo: "Now it’s different because I often play with my back to the opposing goal and I think I’m a better player." [via
@ESPNBrasil
/
@Sport_Witness

Joao Cancelo: “I thought I was going to fit in soon [at #ManCity] - I believe a lot in myself, my talent, not being convinced, believing in myself. I came here with great players;
@kylewalker2
@benmendy23
, Zinchenko. I had to work more and more." [via
@ESPNBrasil
/
@Sport_Witness

I thought he had a really poor first half yesterday. Some very shit crossing or missed opportunities to cross. On one occasion he had already beaten the defender twice and was open to cross it in, Agüero and Jesus were in the box waiting, and he tried to nutmeg the defender to beat him a third time and lost it. Another cross was just smashed out for a goal kick on the far side from where he crossed it. Others were crosses he tried that weren’t on that hit the defender’s legs.

But he proper stepped it up in the second half! Good second half performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.