#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play right back at Leeds for his inventive skill but Walker at Dortmund. He is a fantastic player but an attacker playing as a defender.

No worse than Walker at right back , what game were you watching ? Walker got forward a dozen times past Dortmunds full back , Cancelo did absolutely nothing offensively , and Cancelo was signed because he can play both full back positions , Walker is still our first choice right back
If we need to keep it tight at Dortmund next week the full backs are Walker and Zinchenko
Ok you dont like Walker , we get it ,but deal in facts.
I was watching the game where Reus waltzed straight past Walker and scored. I assume it was the same game you were watching.

Walker is nothing like our 1st choice RB, if he was, Cancelo would have been on the bench. Unfortunately/fortunately depending on POV, Cancelo is our best RB and arguably LB. The versatility is great to have, but moving any player to another position, is always going to be a risky move in the latter stages of the CL against better opposition.

The fact is, when the Prem TOTS is announced, Cancelo will rightly be rated the best RB in the Prem, and Walker well, won’t.

Don't think the issue last night was the flank he played on, it was more more in possession he was dreadful. Giving the ball away constantly with too many slack passes. Similar for Rodri, but sure they'll both be fine next week.

He’s not a left back.

We played him there a few times before Christmas and he was poor every game. We’ve tried him there during his good run of form in Jan and Feb and it worked out okay but I think that’s just because he was playing so well at right back, his confidence was up.

Last few times he’s played left back, he’s looked poor again.

He’s not a left back.

We played him there a few times before Christmas and he was poor every game. We’ve tried him there during his good run of form in Jan and Feb and it worked out okay but I think that’s just because he was playing so well at right back, his confidence was up.

Last few times he’s played left back, he’s looked poor again.

He was great in both legs at left back against Monchengladbach.

I agree with those who say he should be on the right. I know Kyle is super fast but for me when we need to control possession we always look better with Zinchenko as left back and Cancelo right.
Isn’t that how we set up against united?

He was great in both legs at left back against Monchengladbach.
This. Including assist.
He has had strong performances on the left, without question.

I would add Cancelo to the nervy-list in a CL QF and IMO we might have seen the same from him on the right side. We'll never know.

We are far better with him on the right as it plays to his strengths as well as allows a link up with Bernardo.We also play better as a team as it means we have a left back who isn't predominantly just an incredible athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.