#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st half he was absolutely sensational. 2nd half much quieter and very rash for the goal.

Love him.
sums him up really.. I remember Juve fans saying this was his problem/tactical awareness, etc.

But when he's on his game, man he's fun to watch.

I’ve said before the way he plays he reminds me of a Harlem Globetrotter.
He wouldn’t have looked out of place in the 1970’s Brazil team either.
A truly gifted footballer in short.

Don't think at his age he's going to get much better defensively. Question is whether Pep can find a way for us to live with the fact, long term, that our left-back is barely a factor when the opposition attacks. If he can then it's well worth having him in the team, as he's pretty comfortably the best offensive full-back in the world now.

Imagine what he could do in Liverpool's system, where Robertson and Trent get 10+ assists every year...

Hopefully he keeps up this form for a bit more than the good two months he had last season. He’s like having a full back/winger hybrid.
I'd say fullback/winger/number 8 hybrid.

Ridiculous player. Hugely important during the long winning run last year and his dip at the end very much coincided with our shakier results.

For me he is up with Eddie as the most important player we have - no one else in the squad can do what these two do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.