#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit were credit is due. Cancelo is doing a decent job so far. A consistent quality player. Long may it continue. Having the right players on the pitch does help. Anytime we start with Phil, Jack & Bernie we are a different animal.

Cancelo - frequently awesome on offense.

Subject to careless passes rash decisions. If only he'd take his time when open on goal I think he'd score much more often (he's improving in this respect).

OK-ish on defense (improving) - but nowhere near a top defender. Sometimes lazy on defense; sometimes doesn't read plays; sometimes is beaten as a LB/RB by an attacking winger who either skps by him or delivers a cross.

I like Cancelo - but he's got a lot of room for improvement defensively.

Love cancelo and he just needs to find consistency for a larger part of the season.

I feel like peps system is so demanding on this front(with positional changes etc) its really difficult. Best fullback in the league for me such is his versatility.

He's talented, no doubt, but from a tactical stand point- he puts the team in all types of horrible situations.

Best penalty of the night. Strikes a ball superbly when he catches it sweetly but probably drags too many to be a credible shout for our usual penalty taker.

No clue why he plays over Zinchenko.. He hurts us more than helps us with his shit tactical awareness/decision making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.