#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I've ever seen a player improve as fast as Cancelo has. From a talented but wildy inconsistent and unreliable right-back to whatever this is now, a play-making central midfield drifting left-back.

If anyone could make a gif and post on here that outside of the boot through ball to Jesus near the end it .

He’s producing kdb levels of madness recently

what a player, his confidence is through the roof atm

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you must be fucking joking !!!!
By way the worst player by a country mile.Shit and Dog spring to mind !!!
One of the worst players ever to sign for City and he offers nothing absolutely even less as a defender !!!
Were you pissed last night oakie ?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you must be fucking joking !!!!
By way the worst player by a country mile.Shit and Dog spring to mind !!!
One of the worst players ever to sign for City and he offers nothing absolutely even less as a defender !!!
You think Zinchenko is one of the worst ever players to sign for City and is dogshit?

Well, its an opinion I suppose..

Fun (and incredible) stats:

Cancelo has made 29 interceptions in the PL so far - more than TAA, R. James and Chilwell taken together.

Also, Cancelo has won more aerials so far than TAA, James and Chilwell have between them.

Generally, his defensive stats are great.

You think Zinchenko is one of the worst ever players to sign for City and is dogshit?

Well, its an opinion I suppose..

Think we all know when he started supporting City if he thinks Zinchenko is one of the worst ever...

One of our better players vs WHam. His defensive stats are generally better than Walker's, who is rightly regarded as a top defender. And his other stats, especially in the final 3rd, are out of this world. One of the most all-rounded players in the league, has everything.

One of our better players vs WHam. His defensive stats are generally better than Walker's, who is rightly regarded as a top defender. And his other stats, especially in the final 3rd, are out of this world. One of the most all-rounded players in the league, has everything.

I think you need nuance in looking at Cancelo and Walker in terms of defensive contribution. Cancelo generally wins the ball higher up the field whereas Kyle is so valuable in closing down counter-attacking situations with his pace and covering ability. We have phenomenal balance with them both in the side right now

I think you need nuance in looking at Cancelo and Walker in terms of defensive contribution. Cancelo generally wins the ball higher up the field whereas Kyle is so valuable in closing down counter-attacking situations with his pace and covering ability. We have phenomenal balance with them both in the side right now

I agree Walker is great at stopping counters, but Cancelo's contributions in that regard are a bit underrated. Cancelo is the best FB in the league at winning aerial duels, and counters happen not just on the ground but also by long balls to the wings. Also, winning the ball higher up the pitch is not less important than in a foot race, but the latter is much easier to notice and to appreciate than the former: a big reason why many struggle to understand why Cancelo's defensive cintributions are generally excellent, better than R. James', TAA's, etc.

Last edited:
I agree Walker is great at stopping counters, but Cancelo's contributions in that regard are a bit underrated. Cancelo is the best FB in the league at winning aerial duels, and counters happen not just on the ground but also by long balls to the wings. Also, winning the ball higher up the pitch is not less important than in a foot race, but the latter is much easier to notice and to appreciate than the former: a big reason why many struggle to understand why Cancelo's defensive cintributions are generally excellent, better than R. James', TAA's, etc.
His current performance levels are exceptional and the defensive side of his game has improved. Your above stats are very interesting and I will be honest I am surprised he is the best fb for aerial duels. On current form the best lb in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.