#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're a 9-10/10 consistently for at least a month it's not a below par game if he drops to a 7-8. Good game nothing more but certainly nothing less. Handled a potentially tricky opponent well.

For 30 minutes he defended really well and then the errors crept in.

Can't always have a perfect game, and he should hopefully be rested midweek and be back on it next weekend.
I think both he and Walker should get rest, but they are our only right backs.

My guess for Leipzig is this back 4:

Zinchenko-Ake-Stones-CJ (academy)

Letting Zinchenko tuck in to make a back 3.

I feel like a lot of the goals we concede come down his side, the Hernandez goal and the chance king missed did as well. Love cancelo going forward it’s insane how good he is, but I don’t think he’s a great 1 on one defender really, gets done or caught out of position a decent amount. But I’m ok with it coz he brings so much to the attack.

I feel like a lot of the goals we concede come down his side, the Hernandez goal and the chance king missed did as well. Love cancelo going forward it’s insane how good he is, but I don’t think he’s a great 1 on one defender really, gets done or caught out of position a decent amount. But I’m ok with it coz he brings so much to the attack.
That one was on Laporte.

A disproportionate amount of goals are always going to come down our left side because we attack lopsided from the left. Walkers on the right and we spend comparatively little time attacking down that side so it's well covered and covered by the best 1v1 defender around. There's naturally more space on the left because we focus attacks from that side and opponents target that side more because walkers on the other.

It's a consequence of our tactics and not an individual issue. Cancelo is a perfectly adept defender 1v1, he's had the better of some of the best right sided attackers around over the last 18 months playing on the wrong side.

Quality. Will never get tired of those little curved passes he knocks behind the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.