#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started badly with that terrible error, but after that I thought he was very good his best game in some time.

Poor by his standards.The right does not suit his game,and he needs to stop trying to constantly overplay or take the extra touch,and keep things more simple.
Fortunately his poor decisions and casual play haven't led to us conceding.

We've got to be in for a right-back in the summer, right?

Walker's injury has meant that not only have we lost what he gives us on the right, we've also lost what Cancelo gives us on the left. And the whole situation makes Cancelo basically undroppable this season, which isn't good for his fitness or for any kind of healthy competition.

But if we had Cancelo as our number 1 LB, with Zinny as number 2 and cover available from Ake, and Walker as our number 1 RB, with someone new as number 2 and cover available from Stones, we'd have more freedom to rotate all the way across the back line. Having to regularly play 3 of our 4 CBs in any given match because we don't have the full-back cover leaves us looking short in the middle too.

All of which is but to say, I much prefer Cancelo on the left and it's frustrating me that we can't play him there at this very important part of the season.

Kinda wish we tried inverted fullbacks again, get control of the midfield, the midfield 2 can get outnumbered very easily if the #10 (KdB or Foden) pushes up to press with the striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.