#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very frustrating when he misses the obvious ball to a colleague and tries the shot.

His readiness to shoot whilst blinkered to the option of passing to a better placed colleague I find a very frustrasting trait.

But aybe Pep isn't too worried about it in view of his other attributes.

He has so much talent that he could find the back of the net. He has wonderful touch and composire until he is in the box when he just lashes at the ball. If he kept his composure he would find the net a lot more. Should have passed a couple of times the other night but his run to support Grealish was incredible and it was probably only because of him shooting that it ended up at Sterling's feet to score, the pass in that situation was difficult.

One hell of a player and a lot more to come if he can iron out his decision making.

Isn’t Cancelo picked in the best league players team of year?
He must be as poor as many on here say he is. Makes sense …

Not sure many are saying he is poor, but perhaps more pointing out flaws in his performances which could possibly be improved.

I'm hoping it's one of those Stones 2016 type situations, where the fact he's attempting so often is actually encouraged with the long term goal of it suddenly clicking.

Hope so.
There was a spell last season when KDB went over 5 months with just 2 goals from about 75 shots.
Look at him now :)

I strongly feel quite a number on here try to scapegoat the player since Real knocked us out.

People were upset and emotional at the result .

Imo neither Cancelo or Ederson were great in those frantic last few minutes, but shit happens , and they are both very important players for us.

Cancelo although a very good player is not perfect in every aspect .............imo

People were upset and emotional at the result .

Imo neither Cancelo or Ederson were great in those frantic last few minutes, but shit happens , and they are both very important players for us.

Cancelo although a very good player is not perfect in every aspect .............imo
No player is perfect. Than again Bernardo comes close.
Obviously there are emotions. Not after a few days and continuing after a 5-0 and 5-1 win, right?

No player is perfect. Than again Bernardo comes close.
Obviously there are emotions. Not after a few days and continuing after a 5-0 and 5-1 win, right?

I was fine after 2 days, others clearly struggled with the result.

Some are still in mourning after the CL final against Chelsea .

I find some of Cancelo's decision making quite frustrating and if he could improve in that area it could only add to his already great qualities.

I would be very surprised if Pep wasn't pointing it out to him, but he's been quite busy with the media lately and hasn't asked for my thoughts. Maybe he'll ring once we have got West Ham out of the way ? :]

As a team we have had 650 shots/attempts in the league this season.

Individually Cancelo is responsible for 77 of them which is more than any other City player. In the league as a whole just 9 players have had more shots and they are the usual suspects - Salah, Mane, Jota, Kane, Ronaldo, Fernades etc.

The problem is Cancelo has scored just the 1 goal in the league.
He's way better at passing in midfield to the forwards ahead of him.

That's literally what made everybody impressed by him last season, his passing range. Needs to stop shooting.

Isn’t Cancelo picked in the best league players team of year?
He must be as poor as many on here say he is. Makes sense …
He's brilliant,but instead of looking for the killer ball,retaining possession too long,or trying to score from unlikely positions,he needs to keep things a bit simpler a times.

Sometimes i think he forgets he has a job to do at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.