27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a winger but I thought he might be okay to play as a left side midfielder.

His pace and run will benefit Doku/Grealish. And he will not need to have a lot of touches or making decisions.

I don't know what to make of Nunes at all. I really like some things he does, then he seems to make mad decisions or lose concentration a lot. He's a bit of a shitbag aswell. I won't write him off completely as there's ability there and he might turn out to be a good player with us in the long run but I get the impression he was an absolute panic buy and Pep doesn't really know what to do with him.

Just add water...

Instant footy expert - just add water!

Pep uses him and that's a stark contrast to Kalvin who apparently wasn't good enough!

I think it's a bit like Cancelo without all the tantrums/ rumors.. took Pep a good 9-10 months to figure out what Cancelo's best position was.

Currently we've lost control and Nunes offers control so I wouldn't be surprised if he's trusted a tad more. Maybe that will give Pep the luxury of maybe thinking of moving Jack inside.

Either way 12 appearances in a season is hardly reason to write someone off totally!

Citys game style is built on control and dominating possession.Nunes gives the ball away far too offten to be a city player.Often good work ruined by giving the ball away cheaply. Looks a bad fit for City unless he improves a hell of a lot in the next 12 months.

Instant footy expert - just add water!

Pep uses him and that's a stark contrast to Kalvin who apparently wasn't good enough!

I think it's a bit like Cancelo without all the tantrums/ rumors.. took Pep a good 9-10 months to figure out what Cancelo's best position was.

Currently we've lost control and Nunes offers control so I wouldn't be surprised if he's trusted a tad more. Maybe that will give Pep the luxury of maybe thinking of moving Jack inside.

Either way 12 appearances in a season is hardly reason to write someone off totally!
Exactly...I'm still trying to figure out what he's done to be slammed by some in this manner.

Speaking of Cancelo...so many great moments but he literally made some blunders that cost us in terms of games, points, and in cup play. I know Nunes has been a bit hit and miss but some on here are acting like he's a guy who has cost us on the pitch. That just hasn't happened no matter how hard the negative narrative persists. People want to act like all of our players put in MOTM performances in every match when that's simply not true. Games are won as a team but changed by a few and not always the same few. Everyone else needs to put in a shift and keep it moving. If people are expecting Nunes to come in straight away and play at a Rodri/KDB/Foden/Bernardo level they clearly need to adjust their expectation level. Give him a reasonable run of time and then we can offer a more measured decision...JMO

You think otherwise and could play at fullback? This isn’t a criticism of him just the comment about him playing at RB I think in time he will prove a good signing and is getting better on each appearance thought he did well last evening and was disappointed with the sub

We had lost control of the game though at that point and he was stating to become anonymous (Not that Doku made it any better). Bernado was playing crap but his experience was probably useful.
Thought first half Bernie was poor, but second half the more Bournemouth ramped it up the better Bernie got, just my view ;-)

You think otherwise and could play at fullback? This isn’t a criticism of him just the comment about him playing at RB I think in time he will prove a good signing and is getting better on each appearance thought he did well last evening and was disappointed with the sub
Then we must have crossed wires because I don't think he's an option at RB in any way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.