27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His stats are just dire and remain so - 50 premier league games (albeit not a stater at City for many )- you would think you would begin to see something rather than the continuation of a poor trend. As people rightly say very good at running with the ball but do we need that ? Even if we do, here and elsewhere, it largely hasn't resulted in anything in terms of assists or goals

New player at the club has some things to develop - it isn't anything new, but it is clear that he has raw talent to work with. Good luck to him.

My concern is he's had that raw talent for a long time. He looked a very good player when we battered Sporting in the CL a few years ago - the standout. Someone who it seemed could naturally slot into our side with his technique and ability on the ball. But his final pass or shot wasn't great and I put that down to his age at the time. Nothing has really developed and his time at Wolves hasn't seen him improve those elements of his game.

He'll always have the ability to spin away from a player and carry the ball but he's then got to deliver a pass that's right on the money and when he's in attacking areas he's got to put the ball in the back of the net.

The positive is he's getting on the ball and into the right areas. He's not hiding. Time will tell if he was worth the investment, but whilst it's irrelevant because we couldn't get it done, Paqueta would have undoubtedly been a better signing last summer.

My concern is he's had that raw talent for a long time. He looked a very good player when we battered Sporting in the CL a few years ago - the standout. Someone who it seemed could naturally slot into our side with his technique and ability on the ball. But his final pass or shot wasn't great and I put that down to his age at the time. Nothing has really developed and his time at Wolves hasn't seen him improve those elements of his game.

He'll always have the ability to spin away from a player and carry the ball but he's then got to deliver a pass that's right on the money and when he's in attacking areas he's got to put the ball in the back of the net.

The positive is he's getting on the ball and into the right areas. He's not hiding. Time will tell if he was worth the investment, but whilst it's irrelevant because we couldn't get it done, Paqueta would have undoubtedly been a better signing last summer.
We know that Pep develops players. Nunes has had very few minutes, so I only ask for him to be given time to develop.

Has had a better first season than Aké did but think with us looking at Wirtz, Paqueta, etc. it'll be hard for him to keep his place here if he doesn't get more consistent minutes in the 24/25 season. Have a feeling we'll either nudge him on as a makeweight or give him another year and then send him to somewhere in Portugal.
Had a better first season than Ake my arse. He gets minutes against cannon fodder and even then looks bang average . Fucking hell the praise this lad gets for managing the most basic tasks is mind boggling. Hopefully gets moved on in the summer and get someone in that carries some sort of threat.

Had a better first season than Ake my arse. He gets minutes against cannon fodder and even then looks bang average . Fucking hell the praise this lad gets for managing the most basic tasks is mind boggling. Hopefully gets moved on in the summer and get someone in that carries some sort of threat.
Ake had a grim start to his City career. Nunes has already had twice as many appearances as Ake managed in the whole first season.

Ake played in the 2-5 against Leicester, got injured for much of the season, came back when we were 14 points clear at the top, and we then lost two of our next three games, with him being taken off in one of them.

He's clearly not set the world alight, but there's a reasonable chance that Nunes will play more minutes this season than Ake managed in his second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.