27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s done well since he arrived but will take time to adapt. Had reservations about starting him at Molineux, as I suspected that the crowd would bay his every touch.
The crowd clearly gave him grief and rightly so but I thought he handled it well, it never seem to get to him.

Nunes wasn't the worst midfielder yesterday, in fact of the 3 he was much better than foden and kovacic despite the shit he was getting, taking him off sent the wrong message unless he asked to be subbed and if so then he needs to find the fighting, winning. fuck em attiitude thn makes you battle for every ball

He's a decent enough athlete and then I'm not really sure what else he's good at.

I feel like he'll be a really good squad player and he's not bad by any means but i said in the summer that he's completely unremarkable and I stand by that for now. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but he simply doesn't come close to the level of centre mid that we've become accustomed to.

Having said that, it was a really bizarre idea to take him off at half time. He wasn't playing badly and I feel like it was a bit of an unnecessary statement to make, even if the reason given was tactical.

I think he played better than the rest of our midfield in the first half, unfit players like Kovacic and Ake should be subbed earlier instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.