27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to remember Gundo & Mahrez getting dogs abuse in here. It was absolutely fuckin poison. Don't make the same mistakes.

And Yaya. And Rodri. And Stones. The list goes on.

Nunes has everything needed but is going 100mph with everything whereas everybody else has been coached the ‘pausa’ so he looks out of place.

Once it clicks, he’ll be fantastic.

He has been absolutely abysmal against any opposition that aren’t completely shite. You can’t play in the middle of this side and be anonymous and yet somehow he manages to be a ghost.

When KDB comes back and if Kovacic stays fit, Nunes will never get a game.

Needs more time. Nothing new in this thread. He was our MOTM recently, so he can play. He just needs time to adapt the City way.

Thought he deserved his start today after two good displays at the Club World Cup. Was a bit disappointed with his performance, but the whole team struggled in the first half. Still think there's a player there, but he needs to start taking his opportunities.

People must watch a different game again. Maybe it's a bit like grealish in it's not always obvious what he brings. Foden was just as anonymous in the first half but that's just the way it was. What he did bring was some great runs and penetration in behind. Created a lot of space for Bernardo especially early on in the second half. When we don't have a de bruyne it's vital we have somebody willing to make those off the ball runs.

And Yaya. And Rodri. And Stones. The list goes on.

Nunes has everything needed but is going 100mph with everything whereas everybody else has been coached the ‘pausa’ so he looks out of place.

Once it clicks, he’ll be fantastic.
Tbh Gundo and Mahrez was fuckin relentless. Tireless hatred spewed out. I've just no fuckin idea why posters do it.

He has been absolutely abysmal against any opposition that aren’t completely shite. You can’t play in the middle of this side and be anonymous and yet somehow he manages to be a ghost.

When KDB comes back and if Kovacic stays fit, Nunes will never get a game.
We have had plenty of games where kdb had been a ghost too.. and kova? Don’t get me started. Give the man some time

He dribbles well and has normal first touch for a City player..

What he lacks is ability to hold the ball during the pressure..

For a midfielder that's the big issue, but I remember Cancelo had same and even Mahrez, they were constantly loosing the ball, if you remember those 2019 / 2020 games...

City isn't a team where you just run and pass the ball back or upfront as soon as you get it, or receive the ball in the motion and accelerate even more. In most cases, you need to spend a little time with it and that's how you dominate the possession. If everyone passed the ball and just moved around, we wouldn't be able to survive man-to-man pressings and etc.

So Nunez gets ball, opponent engages in a physical duel and you know he will loose it, the only option is to get rid of the ball as soon as possible, but that's not the level, that is acceptable for a City player..
That's something I didn't like about Phillips.. But Philips couldn't dribble as well and had awful first touch.

So he needs to get stronger, otherwise he won't make it here, especially as a midfield player. Maybe when you are a winger, you can play like that and that's how Sane used to play and he did ok. But today even our wingers hold the ball and that's something Jack is best at, not even mentioning Bernardo.

Learn to hold the fucking ball mate, otherwise you are liability for a team, that has elite opponents and needs every player to be up to standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.