27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

I know your point is about rules and not what our players should be doing, but just to say that that would be the Barcelona who are notorious for mismanaging their players fitness, and ruining some very promising careers in the process.
Players from Portugal and teams knocked out in the knockouts have joined their teams - not just Barca. Leao joined last week. That said, I expect players are doing what the trainers and staff told them. I can easily see them telling players its easier to come to Manchester ready to work next week versus two overseas flights in a short window in which they’ll just play a few minutes.

They are notorious for nothing of the sort. The players they have produced over the years, there is not a club, including our own, who could hold a torch to them.
Yes, they are. Pedri, Gavi and Fati, all over played or rushed back from injury because of their reliance on young talent due to their financial mismanagement. Yamal and Balde (already suffering muscle issues and operated on) will be next if they're not very careful.

Not that the senior players escape it either, dropping like flies last season with muscular injuries.

And to bring it back to the point, just because other players and clubs are doing certain things, it doesn't mean it's what we should be doing. We will be expecting to compete and potentially win 5 different tournaments this coming season. Players need rest.

Last edited:
Shiting on him now for taking his entitled holiday? When people have made their mind up, they go all out don't they?

He may not have played much but the games are a small part of it, he's still training daily, sticking to his strict schedule as a professional athelete, that's the part the players need a rest from.

That late call up from the twat Martinez robbed him of a month holiday and a full pre-season just so he can go make up the numbers, train daily and barely feature. I said when the Portugal squad was first announced and he was left out that it was great for him and city as he would get a full pre-season and a chance to actually work with Pep on the pitch, something he's barely had an opportunity to do, the call up ruined all that.

We've lacked a midfield presence in these friendlies, he would have been the main man in there for the entire pre-season and had the opportunity to really nail down his spot in the squad and possibly force himself into the starting lineup if he impressed just like Bobb and Grealish have had the chance to do.

Let him rest, get his mind in order and get in

I have huge expectations from him this season

Let him rest, get his mind in order and get in

I have huge expectations from him this season
Rest from what? He has barely played. I remember ake coming back early when he wasn’t a starter after the winter World Cup and now look at him. It just shows the difference in mentality imo

Rest from what? He has barely played. I remember ake coming back early when he wasn’t a starter after the winter World Cup and now look at him. It just shows the difference in mentality imo
We have no idea, maybe he's been managing injuries/niggles all season. There's valid things to have an opinion on about him, I don't think he's really good enough either way, but this is just pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.