27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

I could well be wrong, and no doubt someone will tell me :)
But I thought I saw him pussying out of a couple of tackles last season?
I saw the same and it raises questions about his mentality for me. Don’t think he lacks in ability it’s just whether he has the drive and commitment to make it here - we can’t be carrying passengers in the middle of the park.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him playing at full back at some point this season. He’s tall, strong, rapid, aggressive in the tackle and comfortable on the ball.

I think it’s easy to have a negative opinion on him because of how little Pep seemed to trust him last season. He hardly got minutes, even in games we were done and dusted in, so easy to compare to Phillips and we know how that turned out.

I hope he’s leaned on a bit more this season, interested to see what he can do.
I think pep will try him at right back .wasn't fabian Delph are left back when we had sane and Sterling on the wings can see us doing the same this season gotta have players taking on those packed defences

I think pep will try him at right back .wasn't fabian Delph are left back when we had sane and Sterling on the wings can see us doing the same this season gotta have players taking on those packed defences

That was more through lack of options after Mendy did his knee in.

Pep created the inverted full back role and 7 years on managers are still copying! Brilliant.

I get the impression he’s just happy to be at city
Doesn’t elevate us in the midfield at all
His skillset isn’t useful against the low blocks we face week in week out
The late Portugal call up has probably done his season no favours

If he sorts himself potentially like a new signing as he was crap last season. Always rated him at wolves so he can show a bit this campaign.

I like him as the #8, backup to Bernie.

Hopefully he can learn that role.

Just watched a few highlights of him at Sporting to remind myself of how good he actually is.

Such a satisfying player to watch but a high-risk one - probably why Pep won't trust him in the midfield 3 which is a shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.