27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

His best moment came from counter attack from the middle, what a surprise !

Lets hope Pep will use him aa 6 or 8

Buzzing for him. Excellent cameo and a massive fuck off to the many, many fools that have already written him off before he's even had a chance.

Not many in the squad could go past 2 like he did before the pass for the goal, he has unique attributes that can help us a lot.

2 noteworthy things from that cameo for me, firstly how delighted everybody on the pitch seemed to be for Nunes when the 3rd went in, shows he's well liked and the players could see he needed that to start to feel like he belongs, Nunes himself was noticeably more settled once he made that goal too.

Secondly, the fact Pep's bringing him on with 20 minutes left in a game that was in the balance away from home shows he's got the managers trust. Plenty of people suggesting the writing was on the wall when stones came on against ipswich, I repeatedly fought back against that suggestion saying it was simply about getting minutes into legs of somebody who had yet to feature and wasn't worth reading that deeply into at that stage of the season.

Hope this cameo instills confidence and we see much more of him, I've always said there's a player in there.

sometimes you really could think buying KP & him was kind of a troll from txiki on pep...i always thought we need him because of his pace...but with his action before the 1:3 he showed vision & technical brilliance..could Bruno G. have done what he did today?..i don`t think so...keep going....i like underdogs

I think that Nunes has particular attributes that few other players in the squad have in combination (pace, power, height, and technique), so rather than try and designate a particular position on the pitch for him, we should maybe just utilise him in the area where we need those at the time. He came on in the Charity Shield and offered excellent defensive cover, and yesterday he showed that he can help in midfield and attack as well. Perhaps not knowing his best position could actually prove a blessing.
He’s not been named in the Portugal squad, so I presume he’ll be working with the staff ahead of Brentford/Watford.

He needed that. He was clearly shot on confidence, got some back luck before, and had scarce playing time overall.
Most of our fan base writing him off must have also been awful. Make no mistake, players are human and unfortunately also read social media. I think it's only uphill from here for him. Just wait and see how he develops once he bags his first goal for us. I expect it to be sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.