27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Let's not carried away here. This is the first time in a year here that he's done anything noteworthy. He did well yesterday sure but hes not going to be a regular starter for us. A good 20 mins in 12 months is not a massive fuck off as you so eloquently put it to anyone. His transfer fee was the same as Haalands. He needs to be producing regularly. In fairness first time I've seen him not bottle a 50/50 since he arrived. That is progress.
I'm not getting carried away, i praised him for his performance nothing more, i made no sweeping statements about how the rest of his half a decade contract will go based on a limited appearance unlike those that have written him off. I'm not suggesting a 20 minute cameo is evidence he's going to be a resounding success, it's a fuck off to all those that have decided he's not good enough after a year and very little opportunity to actually show any evidence that he isn't good enough.

Let's not carried away here. This is the first time in a year here that he's done anything noteworthy. He did well yesterday sure but hes not going to be a regular starter for us. A good 20 mins in 12 months is not a massive fuck off as you so eloquently put it to anyone. His transfer fee was the same as Haalands. He needs to be producing regularly. In fairness first time I've seen him not bottle a 50/50 since he arrived. That is progress.
You’re such a happy poster. I get a warm glow whenever I read one of your joyful contributions. :-)

Those who often urge others to not get carried away with praise, are often the ones who damn players with criticism early in their tenure with us. An even keel is nearly always best.

Very happy for him. The other day I said I could see him playing on the wing. Hopefully he kicks on and has a good season.

Sensational assist let’s hope this gives him the confidence to kick on. In a 70 match season he will get plenty of minutes if he takes his opportunities.

I still think those who wrote him off last season as "Not city quality" were wrong, the comparison to Kalvin Philips never made sense to me.

Kalvin lacked objective qualities we needed from him, like most importantly, handling the ball under pressure and playing quickly. He was also slow and coudnt dribble.

Nunes qualities were immediately obvious in his cameos. Tall, fast, dribbles well, good passer and crosser.

He didnt finish well but I think that was part of a greater problem for him last season in that he played timidly or lacking confidence and he also barely played.

But the qualities were obvious, im more certain than ever he will come out being a very good player for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.